Funding for library, non-profits on agenda
The Common Council will meet for the first time this year at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the council chambers at City Hall, with an agenda composed mostly of authorizations for funding to non-profit groups.
The seven members of the council are all back for the second year of their two-year terms. Council President Stephanie Viscelli begins the second year of her first four-year term. New to the council meeting will be Jean M. Grande, who as the newly-elected city clerk participates in the meetings as well.
Groups on the agenda for approval of funding:
- Jervis Public Library, $322,932.
- Rome Art & Community Center, $32,224.
- Senior Citizens Council, $31,680.
- Rome Historical Society, $31,616.
- Capitol Civic Center, $12,160.
- South Rome Senior Citizens Center, $10,880.
- Humane Society of Rome, $8,500.
- R-CATS of Rome, $2,500.
- Rome Cemetery Association (for care of the city’s plot), $2,000.
- Mohawk Valley Community Action Agency’s Runaway and Homeless Youth program, $1,600.
These amounts were approved by the council last fall as part of the 2017 budget.