Zion Episcopal Church to install new rector
The Rev. Dr. James K. Heidt will be installed as the 16th rector of the parish for at Zion Episcopal Church, 140 W. Liberty St., at a 7 p.m. service on Wednesday, Jan. 17, by the Right Rev. DeDe Duncan-Probe. The public is invited to attend.
Rev. Heidt has been at Zion for over four years, first serving as a supply priest after the previous rector left, then as priest in charge for three years, and has been the rector since Sept. 1, 2017. The service which is used for his installation is called a Celebration of New Ministry, and is presided over by the bishop of the Diocese of Central New York. The people of Zion have been planning this event for several months.
The celebration is combined with the celebration of work being considered within the buildings of Zion, and the possible use of some of the space in the buildings for groups outside of Zion, but within the community, such as the continuing relationship with the Rome Rescue Mission, and several groups like Alcohols Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous. “We hope to continue to have space available for other groups wishing to use our facility, in addition to our own ministries throughout the parish, such as our Advent and Lenten study groups, and a monthly movie night,” Zion noted.
The service is the official institution and induction of the priest into the ministry of word and sacrament in this parish of Zion. It is also a collegial ministry with other Episcopal parishes and with all local churches and clergy of other denominations. “We plan for this service to represent a new chapter in the ongoing life and ministry of this parish,” the church stated.
String Bee performs Jan. 20
What it means to celebrate the ‘year of the family’
Westernville Presbyterian Church to celebrate 200th anniversary
Growing in Christ — Listen carefully to what the Scripture says, and means
- 4:00pm 01/13/18String Bee performs Jan. 20
- 4:00pm 01/13/18Women’s group meets Tuesday
- 4:00pm 01/13/18What it means to celebrate the ‘year of the family’
- 4:00pm 01/06/18MLK celebration set for Jan. 14
- 4:00pm 01/06/18Westernville Presbyterian Church to celebrate 200th anniversary
- 4:00pm 01/06/18Foothills Rural Community Ministry sets January hours
- 4:00pm 01/06/18Church to host free Movie Night
- 4:00pm 01/06/18Growing in Christ — Listen carefully to what the Scripture says, and means
- 4:00pm 01/06/18Zion Episcopal Church to install new rector
- 4:00pm 12/30/17New Year’s Eve service in Oriskany