Zion Episcopal Church to install new rector
The Rev. Dr. James K. Heidt will be installed as the 16th rector of the parish for at Zion Episcopal Church, 140 W. Liberty St., at a 7 p.m. service on Wednesday, Jan. 17, by the Right Rev. DeDe Duncan-Probe. The public is invited to attend.
Rev. Heidt has been at Zion for over four years, first serving as a supply priest after the previous rector left, then as priest in charge for three years, and has been the rector since Sept. 1, 2017. The service which is used for his installation is called a Celebration of New Ministry, and is presided over by the bishop of the Diocese of Central New York. The people of Zion have been planning this event for several months.
The celebration is combined with the celebration of work being considered within the buildings of Zion, and the possible use of some of the space in the buildings for groups outside of Zion, but within the community, such as the continuing relationship with the Rome Rescue Mission, and several groups like Alcohols Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous. “We hope to continue to have space available for other groups wishing to use our facility, in addition to our own ministries throughout the parish, such as our Advent and Lenten study groups, and a monthly movie night,” Zion noted.
The service is the official institution and induction of the priest into the ministry of word and sacrament in this parish of Zion. It is also a collegial ministry with other Episcopal parishes and with all local churches and clergy of other denominations. “We plan for this service to represent a new chapter in the ongoing life and ministry of this parish,” the church stated.
Consequences for our choices
Trinity Community Coffee House hosts The Cadleys Oct. 20
St. David’s Society of Utica to sponsor Fall Gymanfa Ganu
Booth Brothers, Sherry Anne in concert in Whitesboro
- 4:00pm 10/15/18New hours for church Clothing Closet
- 4:00pm 10/13/18Consequences for our choices
- 4:00pm 10/13/18Trinity Community Coffee House hosts The Cadleys Oct. 20
- 4:00pm 10/13/18Octoberfeast in Holland Patent
- 4:00pm 10/13/18Dan Schall performs Oct. 21
- 4:00pm 10/13/18Augusta church hosts Old Home Days Service
- 4:00pm 10/13/18Ladies luncheon Thursday in Canastota
- 4:00pm 10/13/18AREA CHURCH SERVICES
- 4:00pm 10/08/18Harvest of Faith set for Tuesday
- 4:00pm 10/06/18United Church of Canastota to hold chicken barbecue