Zion Episcopal Church to install new rector
The Rev. Dr. James K. Heidt will be installed as the 16th rector of the parish for at Zion Episcopal Church, 140 W. Liberty St., at a 7 p.m. service on Wednesday, Jan. 17, by the Right Rev. DeDe Duncan-Probe. The public is invited to attend.
Rev. Heidt has been at Zion for over four years, first serving as a supply priest after the previous rector left, then as priest in charge for three years, and has been the rector since Sept. 1, 2017. The service which is used for his installation is called a Celebration of New Ministry, and is presided over by the bishop of the Diocese of Central New York. The people of Zion have been planning this event for several months.
The celebration is combined with the celebration of work being considered within the buildings of Zion, and the possible use of some of the space in the buildings for groups outside of Zion, but within the community, such as the continuing relationship with the Rome Rescue Mission, and several groups like Alcohols Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous. “We hope to continue to have space available for other groups wishing to use our facility, in addition to our own ministries throughout the parish, such as our Advent and Lenten study groups, and a monthly movie night,” Zion noted.
The service is the official institution and induction of the priest into the ministry of word and sacrament in this parish of Zion. It is also a collegial ministry with other Episcopal parishes and with all local churches and clergy of other denominations. “We plan for this service to represent a new chapter in the ongoing life and ministry of this parish,” the church stated.
Be the bearers of love in a harsh world
Chamber music concert April 21 at First Presbyterian Church
Mark Hoffmann brings swing music to Trinity Community Coffee House
Importance of one lost sheep
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Schall sings in Constableville
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Vernon church hosts sales
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Annual BBQ at Steuben Methodist Church April 28
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Church offers free meal April 28
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Church to hold pasta dinner
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Be the bearers of love in a harsh world
- 4:00pm 04/14/18Chamber music concert April 21 at First Presbyterian Church
- 4:00pm 04/14/18Mark Hoffmann brings swing music to Trinity Community Coffee House
- 4:00pm 04/14/18Spring bag sale in Lee Center
- 4:00pm 04/14/18‘God, etc.’ series starts Monday