Sunrise services throughout area
Easter sunrise services are scheduled in several area communities as well as Rome’s Pinti Field.
Except for the 6:30 a.m. Sylvan Beach service, the rest of the area sunrise services are at 7 a.m., a little after the 6:17 a.m. sunrise. Visitors are advised to dress warmly and bring lawn chairs.
Rome, community event by Rome Clergy Association, pavilion at Pinti Field, 200 Sixth St. Music includes a battery-powered keyboard. (Last year about 70 attended when the event was at the Erie Canal Village. This year’s location will mean a shorter trip for many people).
Oneida, ecumenical event in parking lot at YMCA, 701 Seneca St.
Oriskany, Oriskany Battlefield, 7801 Route 69, followed by breakfast at Waterbury Memorial Presbyterian Church, 1117 Utica St., then a 10 a.m. service there.
Sylvan Beach, 6:30 a.m. beachfront park, presented by Grace Lutheran Church (3965 Carter Road). The 58th annual event (continuing from former Good Shephard church), this year with Deacon James Burch speaking from a trailer, a choir and coffee and doughnuts on site.
Boonville, United Methodist Church has brief event near Veterans Memorial at Boonville Cemetery, Cemetery Road, then continental breakfast at church, 202 Main St.
Bernhards Bay, short joint event by Bernhards Bay and Vienna United Methodist churches at Winn’s Point (near Bernhards Bay church) on Oneida Lake, followed by light breakfast in Bernhards Bay Church.
Note: Area clergy and church officials are invited to email church news including special events such as sunrise service, guest speakers, concerts, dinners and vacation Bible schools to: living@RNY.com for free publication on the Religion Today pages in the Saturday Daily Sentinel (with the stories then posted on www.RomeSentinel.com at 4 p.m. Saturday).
Jesus paid it all: What do we owe him?
String Bee performs Jan. 20
What it means to celebrate the ‘year of the family’
Westernville Presbyterian Church to celebrate 200th anniversary
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Foothills Rural Community Ministry schedules annual meeting
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Roast pork dinner January 28
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Dinner dance aids camping ministry, community outreach
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Jesus paid it all: What do we owe him?
- 4:00pm 01/13/18String Bee performs Jan. 20
- 4:00pm 01/13/18Women’s group meets Tuesday
- 4:00pm 01/13/18What it means to celebrate the ‘year of the family’
- 4:00pm 01/06/18MLK celebration set for Jan. 14
- 4:00pm 01/06/18Westernville Presbyterian Church to celebrate 200th anniversary
- 4:00pm 01/06/18Foothills Rural Community Ministry sets January hours