Sunrise services throughout area
Easter sunrise services are scheduled in several area communities as well as Rome’s Pinti Field.
Except for the 6:30 a.m. Sylvan Beach service, the rest of the area sunrise services are at 7 a.m., a little after the 6:17 a.m. sunrise. Visitors are advised to dress warmly and bring lawn chairs.
Rome, community event by Rome Clergy Association, pavilion at Pinti Field, 200 Sixth St. Music includes a battery-powered keyboard. (Last year about 70 attended when the event was at the Erie Canal Village. This year’s location will mean a shorter trip for many people).
Oneida, ecumenical event in parking lot at YMCA, 701 Seneca St.
Oriskany, Oriskany Battlefield, 7801 Route 69, followed by breakfast at Waterbury Memorial Presbyterian Church, 1117 Utica St., then a 10 a.m. service there.
Sylvan Beach, 6:30 a.m. beachfront park, presented by Grace Lutheran Church (3965 Carter Road). The 58th annual event (continuing from former Good Shephard church), this year with Deacon James Burch speaking from a trailer, a choir and coffee and doughnuts on site.
Boonville, United Methodist Church has brief event near Veterans Memorial at Boonville Cemetery, Cemetery Road, then continental breakfast at church, 202 Main St.
Bernhards Bay, short joint event by Bernhards Bay and Vienna United Methodist churches at Winn’s Point (near Bernhards Bay church) on Oneida Lake, followed by light breakfast in Bernhards Bay Church.
Note: Area clergy and church officials are invited to email church news including special events such as sunrise service, guest speakers, concerts, dinners and vacation Bible schools to: living@RNY.com for free publication on the Religion Today pages in the Saturday Daily Sentinel (with the stories then posted on www.RomeSentinel.com at 4 p.m. Saturday).
Theaters of Rome program Friday at First Prebyterian
Sylvan Beach Union Chapel starts 130th season June 18
On unity and peace
Celebration June 4 honors Rev. Bailey’s 60 years in ministry
- 4:00pm 06/21/17Theaters of Rome program Friday at First Prebyterian
- 4:00pm 06/17/17Women’s group gathers Thursday
- 4:00pm 06/17/17What Jesus offers us — incredible food for the journey
- 4:00pm 06/10/17Sylvan Beach Union Chapel starts 130th season June 18
- 4:00pm 06/10/17Father’s Day BBQ in Blossvale
- 4:00pm 06/10/17Unitarian Church pilgrimage June 18
- 4:00pm 06/10/17Strawberry Festival in Sherrill June 17
- 4:00pm 06/10/17‘The Shack’ screens in Vernon Tuesday
- 4:00pm 06/10/17Guest speakers mark anniversary
- 4:00pm 06/10/17Chicken dinner Sunday in Clark Mills