St. Peter’s offers ashes in Verona
VERONA — On Ash Wednesday, Feb. 14, from 6:30-9 a.m., St. Peter’s Lutheran Church, 4897 Old Oneida Road, will offer drive-through ashes.
Those who are not able to attend a worship service that day can follow the signs in the parking lot and receive a cross of ashes on their forehead without getting out of the car. St. Peter’s will also offer drivers and passengers a complimentary cup of coffee.
Ashes are a symbol of human brokenness and the need for forgiveness and healing. St. Peter’s will provide information on the meaning of the ashes to drivers and passengers.
Ash Wednesday is the first day of Lent, a Christian season of contemplation and reflection consisting of the 40 days minus Sundays leading up to Easter. St. Peter’s will also offer traditional Ash Wednesday worship services at noon and 7 p.m.
For more information, call the church at 315-363-5211.
Non Nobis Domine: The Glory belongs to God
The Kingdom of Heaven is ‘within you’
‘Blessing Box’ at Verona Fire Department installed to help neighbors aid each other
‘I am the way, the truth, and the life’
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Women’s club meets Feb. 20
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Stone Soup event aids food pantry
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Church offers free meal Feb. 24
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Non Nobis Domine: The Glory belongs to God
- 4:00pm 02/10/18Spaghetti dinner served Feb. 18
- 4:00pm 02/10/18Drive-through ashing in Lee, Verona Feb. 14
- 4:00pm 02/10/18St. Peter’s offers ashes in Verona
- 4:00pm 02/10/18Services at Trinity United Methodist
- 4:00pm 02/10/18Meal aids Lutheran Disaster Response
- 4:00pm 02/10/18The Kingdom of Heaven is ‘within you’