Organist performs during church’s Bicentennial Celebration
First Baptist Church, 301 W. Embargo St., is marking its Bicentennial with a three day celebration, Oct. 13-15.
On Friday at 7 p.m., a free concert will be performed by Lee Center native Jillian Gardner.
Gardner, a graduate student in organ at Baylor University, is an organist, accompanist, and harpsichordist. She began her study of the organ at age 14 with Stephen Best of Utica, and holds a bachelor’s degree in organ from Oberlin Conservatory, and a master’s degree in organ performance from Baylor.
The concert Friday will include selections from Bach, Grieg, Barnes, Bédard, Vierne and Daveluy.
Gardner was a featured artist at the 2014 Organ Historical Society Convention Holiday (Syracuse), and has also performed at St. Joseph’s Cathedral (Buffalo), the Cathedral of St. Joseph (Hartford, Conn.), the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception (Syracuse), and the Cathedral of St. John the Divine (New York City), University Baptist Church (Austin, Texas), among others. In July 2016, she traveled to the United Kingdom to give a tour of recitals at Chester, Coventry, Truro, and Liverpool Metropolitan Cathedrals.
Passionate about making the organ accessible to as many people as possible, Gardner’s diverse programs and signature pink organ shoes brighten each of her colorful performances.
Fall, football, and the armor of God
Delta Lake Christian Music Fest Sept. 22
Annual International Day of Peace celebration Sept. 16
Thoughts on faith and labor
- 11:28am 09/18/18AREA CHURCH SERVICES
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Fall, football, and the armor of God
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Delta Lake Christian Music Fest Sept. 22
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Harvest Fair lunch Tuesday
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Bible study starts Sept. 19 in Rome
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Community center hosts carnival
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Rummage, bake sales Thursday
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Brunch Thursday in Canastota
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Music and ministry program Sept. 29
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Franciscans host discussion group