National Day of Prayer includes many denominations
Nearly 50 including pastors and parishioners from various denominations came together and participated in the National Day of Prayer observance.
The breakfast was Thursday morning at the Delta Lake Bible Conference Center, 8912 Turin Road.
The Rome Clergy Association sponsored the local event.
The Rev. Dave Linn, district superintendent of the Northeast District of the Christian and Missionary Alliance Church, was the main speaker.
The Rev. Rich Smith, Clergy Association president, presided.
Remarks were made by:
- Steve Clark, the conference center director, on “Hear us.”
- Past Bryce Baldwin, Rome Alliance Church, on “Forgive us.”
- The Rev. Dr. Tom Hast, Bartlett and Oneida Baptist churches, “Heal us” and
- The Rev. Cedric Broughton, First Baptist Church, “Act.”
Pastor Kris Mays, worship leader at Rome Alliance, led the music.
The theme is “For Your Great Name’s Sake.” Based upon Daniel 9:19, it emphasizes our need as a nation, to cry out to God, who is sovereign over all governments, authorities, “O Lord, Listen! O Lord, Forgive! O Lord, Hear and Act!” organizers said.
Balsam Pillow sewing bee July 29
Puffers perform July 9
Durhamville Baptist presents Servants Heart Award
Theaters of Rome program Friday at First Prebyterian
- 4:00pm 07/22/17Mount Calvary Vacation Bible School starts Monday
- 4:00pm 07/22/1775th Strawberry Shortcake Social adds raffle
- 4:00pm 07/22/17AREA CHURCH SERVICES
- 4:00pm 07/22/17Free dinner, music on green due in Verona Thursday
- 4:00pm 07/22/17Muster Day meal Friday in First Baptist Church
- 4:00pm 07/22/17Foothills seeks school supplies
- 4:00pm 07/22/17‘God is incomprehensible’
- 4:00pm 07/22/17Balsam Pillow sewing bee July 29
- 4:00pm 07/15/17Vienna serves chicken and biscuits
- 4:00pm 07/15/17Women’s luncheon Tuesday