National Day of Prayer includes many denominations
Nearly 50 including pastors and parishioners from various denominations came together and participated in the National Day of Prayer observance.
The breakfast was Thursday morning at the Delta Lake Bible Conference Center, 8912 Turin Road.
The Rome Clergy Association sponsored the local event.
The Rev. Dave Linn, district superintendent of the Northeast District of the Christian and Missionary Alliance Church, was the main speaker.
The Rev. Rich Smith, Clergy Association president, presided.
Remarks were made by:
- Steve Clark, the conference center director, on “Hear us.”
- Past Bryce Baldwin, Rome Alliance Church, on “Forgive us.”
- The Rev. Dr. Tom Hast, Bartlett and Oneida Baptist churches, “Heal us” and
- The Rev. Cedric Broughton, First Baptist Church, “Act.”
Pastor Kris Mays, worship leader at Rome Alliance, led the music.
The theme is “For Your Great Name’s Sake.” Based upon Daniel 9:19, it emphasizes our need as a nation, to cry out to God, who is sovereign over all governments, authorities, “O Lord, Listen! O Lord, Forgive! O Lord, Hear and Act!” organizers said.
Chamber music concert April 21 at First Presbyterian Church
Mark Hoffmann brings swing music to Trinity Community Coffee House
Importance of one lost sheep
Church welcomes new minister
- 4:00pm 04/14/18Chamber music concert April 21 at First Presbyterian Church
- 4:00pm 04/14/18Mark Hoffmann brings swing music to Trinity Community Coffee House
- 4:00pm 04/14/18Spring bag sale in Lee Center
- 4:00pm 04/14/18‘God, etc.’ series starts Monday
- 4:00pm 04/14/18Red hat themed brunch Tuesday
- 4:00pm 04/14/18Veterans program Tuesday in Oneida
- 4:00pm 04/14/18Spring luncheon Thursday
- 4:00pm 04/14/18Lee Center church hosts dinner
- 4:00pm 04/14/18Importance of one lost sheep
- 4:00pm 04/07/18Church welcomes new minister