National Day of Prayer includes many denominations
Nearly 50 including pastors and parishioners from various denominations came together and participated in the National Day of Prayer observance.
The breakfast was Thursday morning at the Delta Lake Bible Conference Center, 8912 Turin Road.
The Rome Clergy Association sponsored the local event.
The Rev. Dave Linn, district superintendent of the Northeast District of the Christian and Missionary Alliance Church, was the main speaker.
The Rev. Rich Smith, Clergy Association president, presided.
Remarks were made by:
- Steve Clark, the conference center director, on “Hear us.”
- Past Bryce Baldwin, Rome Alliance Church, on “Forgive us.”
- The Rev. Dr. Tom Hast, Bartlett and Oneida Baptist churches, “Heal us” and
- The Rev. Cedric Broughton, First Baptist Church, “Act.”
Pastor Kris Mays, worship leader at Rome Alliance, led the music.
The theme is “For Your Great Name’s Sake.” Based upon Daniel 9:19, it emphasizes our need as a nation, to cry out to God, who is sovereign over all governments, authorities, “O Lord, Listen! O Lord, Forgive! O Lord, Hear and Act!” organizers said.
Bartlett Baptist marks 200 years, pastor’s retirement
Small acts can help grow Kingdom of God
God calls on us to embrace our capabilities
Time to plant good seeds
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Bartlett Baptist marks 200 years, pastor’s retirement
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Small acts can help grow Kingdom of God
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Women meet for brunch Thursday
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Heart Touching Tour stops in Oriskany Sunday
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Club hosts author Elaine Miller
- 4:00pm 06/09/18God calls on us to embrace our capabilities
- 4:00pm 06/09/18Magic show, potluck Sunday
- 4:00pm 06/09/18Children’s Day celebration Sunday
- 4:00pm 06/09/18Film screening Tuesday
- 4:00pm 06/09/18Strawberry shortcake on menu in Steuben