Mohawk Valley Choral Society concert May 20
LITTLE FALLS — Mohawk Valley Choral Society, under the direction of Mark Bunce, will present, “Music for Living,” an evening of music by young American composer Dan Forrest, Sunday, May 20 at Holy Family Church on East Main Street.
Tickets are $12 in advance and $15 at the door. Tickets are available at the Mohawk Valley Center for the Arts in Little Falls, Center Stage Pianos in the New Hartford Shopping Center, and Weisser’s Jewelers on Main Street in Herkimer. Tickets may also be reserved by calling 315-826-3092.
Born in Elmira, Forrest had become well known for his compositions for choirs, chorales and orchestras. His inventive music has become established in the repertoire of major ensembles and has been featured nationally and internationally on radio and television.
The Choral Society, joined by a chamber orchestra and soloists Anita Firman and Will Paddock, will perform a selection of Forrest’s hymns as well as several of his secular works. They will also sing his major work, “Requiem for the Living.”
This unique requiem is a prayer for rest for the living as much as for the deceased.
Founded in 1982, the Mohawk Valley Choral Society has been singing classical and light classical vocal music in the region for more than 35 years.
Local ministry seeks to spread message of love to community
Donation to Rome Rescue Mission
Importance of spring cleaning
Strength of a mother’s love
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Local ministry seeks to spread message of love to community
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Donation to Rome Rescue Mission
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Women’s Day service Sunday
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Women’s club meets May 22
- 4:00pm 05/19/18‘Beauty Secrets’ theme for meeting
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Church offers free meal May 26
- 4:00pm 05/19/18First Baptist hosts basement sale
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Importance of spring cleaning
- 4:00pm 05/16/18Butterfly tea event Saturday
- 4:00pm 05/12/18Strength of a mother’s love