FAIR TRADE ARTISAN — Damaris Chonay, 15, lives in Guatemala where her family resides in a small cement home with dirt floors. Purchasing fair trade ensures artisans and small farmers fair wages and healthy working conditions, providing dignity, sustainable development and hope for marginalized people. (Photo submitted)
Fair Trade Shop in Clinton announces February hours
CLINTON — The Fair Trade Shop at Stone Presbyterian Church, 8 S. Park Row, is open 10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. every Thursday, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. the second Saturday of the month, and will be open 10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 10.
Damaris Chonay, age 15, is on her way to her new secondary school, moving closer to her dream of becoming a doctor, in order to bring medical care to her community where there is none. Chonay lives in a Mayan agricultural community in Guatemala where her family resides in a small cement home with dirt floors.
Basket weaving keeps Mayan women connected to their ancestors, and within the sacred and cultural Mayan universe.
Baskets made from pine needles, along with a large selection of jewelry, collectibles, wood items, chocolate and food items, clothing and toys, from 38 different countries, are all available at the shop.
Purchasing fair trade ensures artisans and small farmers fair wages and healthy working conditions, providing dignity, sustainable development and hope for marginalized people.
Jesus is the great unifier for all of us
Consequences for our choices
Trinity Community Coffee House hosts The Cadleys Oct. 20
St. David’s Society of Utica to sponsor Fall Gymanfa Ganu
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Special service in Oriskany
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Jesus is the great unifier for all of us
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Special service in Clinton Oct. 28
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Trunk or Treat in Westmoreland
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Stittville church serves roast pork
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Clinton church hosts pie sale
- 4:00pm 10/20/18AREA CHURCH SERVICES
- 4:00pm 10/15/18New hours for church Clothing Closet
- 4:00pm 10/13/18Consequences for our choices
- 4:00pm 10/13/18Trinity Community Coffee House hosts The Cadleys Oct. 20