Epiphany Party slated Jan. 6 in Lee Center
LEE CENTER — An Epiphany Party will be held Friday, Jan. 6, in the Lee Center United Methodist Church, 5531 Lee Center-Taberg Road.
All are welcome. Participants should bring a covered dish to share and their own table settings for a 6 p.m. dinner and the program will follow at 7 p.m.
Merriam-Webster dictionary states, “Epiphany: January 6 observed as a church festival in commemoration of the coming of the Magi as the first manifestation of Christ to the Gentiles or in the Eastern Church in commemoration of the baptism of Christ.”
According to whyChristmas.com: “Epiphany is celebrated 12 days after Christmas on 6th January (or Jan. 19 for some Orthodox Church who have Christmas on 7th January) and is the time when Christians remember the Wise Men (also sometimes called the Three Kings) who visited Jesus.
“Epiphany is also when some Churches remember when Jesus was Baptized, when he was about 30, and started to teach people about God. Epiphany means ‘revelation’ and both the visit of the Wise Men and his Baptism are important times when Jesus was ‘revealed’ to be very important.”
Durhamville Baptist presents Servants Heart Award
Theaters of Rome program Friday at First Prebyterian
Sylvan Beach Union Chapel starts 130th season June 18
On unity and peace
- 4:00pm 06/24/17Durhamville Baptist presents Servants Heart Award
- 4:00pm 06/24/17Get the most out of summer and be thankful
- 4:00pm 06/24/17Strawberry Shortcake Supper Thursday in North Western
- 4:00pm 06/21/17Theaters of Rome program Friday at First Prebyterian
- 4:00pm 06/17/17Women’s group gathers Thursday
- 4:00pm 06/17/17What Jesus offers us — incredible food for the journey
- 4:00pm 06/10/17Sylvan Beach Union Chapel starts 130th season June 18
- 4:00pm 06/10/17Father’s Day BBQ in Blossvale
- 4:00pm 06/10/17Unitarian Church pilgrimage June 18
- 4:00pm 06/10/17Strawberry Festival in Sherrill June 17