Epiphany Party slated Jan. 6 in Lee Center
LEE CENTER — An Epiphany Party will be held Friday, Jan. 6, in the Lee Center United Methodist Church, 5531 Lee Center-Taberg Road.
All are welcome. Participants should bring a covered dish to share and their own table settings for a 6 p.m. dinner and the program will follow at 7 p.m.
Merriam-Webster dictionary states, “Epiphany: January 6 observed as a church festival in commemoration of the coming of the Magi as the first manifestation of Christ to the Gentiles or in the Eastern Church in commemoration of the baptism of Christ.”
According to whyChristmas.com: “Epiphany is celebrated 12 days after Christmas on 6th January (or Jan. 19 for some Orthodox Church who have Christmas on 7th January) and is the time when Christians remember the Wise Men (also sometimes called the Three Kings) who visited Jesus.
“Epiphany is also when some Churches remember when Jesus was Baptized, when he was about 30, and started to teach people about God. Epiphany means ‘revelation’ and both the visit of the Wise Men and his Baptism are important times when Jesus was ‘revealed’ to be very important.”
Singers plan variety for Sundays at 3
Harmony Express in Camden Feb. 18
Nationally recognized comedian performs at Christ the King
- 4:00pm 02/25/17Sherry Anne brings song, message Sunday
- 4:00pm 02/25/17Forgiveness service Sunday
- 4:00pm 02/25/17Welsh hymns, Lucado series slated Sunday
- 4:00pm 02/25/17Sunday School restarting with free breakfast
- 4:00pm 02/25/17Pancake dinner Tuesday aids in cancer treatments
- 4:00pm 02/25/17Center offers Day of Prayer
- 4:00pm 02/25/17St. Peter’s again offers drive-through ashes
- 4:00pm 02/25/17Church serves ham, scalloped potatoes
- 4:00pm 02/18/17Guest speaker at Waterbury Sunday
- 4:00pm 02/18/17Queen of Hearts event Feb. 21