Epiphany Party slated Jan. 6 in Lee Center
LEE CENTER — An Epiphany Party will be held Friday, Jan. 6, in the Lee Center United Methodist Church, 5531 Lee Center-Taberg Road.
All are welcome. Participants should bring a covered dish to share and their own table settings for a 6 p.m. dinner and the program will follow at 7 p.m.
Merriam-Webster dictionary states, “Epiphany: January 6 observed as a church festival in commemoration of the coming of the Magi as the first manifestation of Christ to the Gentiles or in the Eastern Church in commemoration of the baptism of Christ.”
According to whyChristmas.com: “Epiphany is celebrated 12 days after Christmas on 6th January (or Jan. 19 for some Orthodox Church who have Christmas on 7th January) and is the time when Christians remember the Wise Men (also sometimes called the Three Kings) who visited Jesus.
“Epiphany is also when some Churches remember when Jesus was Baptized, when he was about 30, and started to teach people about God. Epiphany means ‘revelation’ and both the visit of the Wise Men and his Baptism are important times when Jesus was ‘revealed’ to be very important.”
Be the bearers of love in a harsh world
Chamber music concert April 21 at First Presbyterian Church
Mark Hoffmann brings swing music to Trinity Community Coffee House
Importance of one lost sheep
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Schall sings in Constableville
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Vernon church hosts sales
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Annual BBQ at Steuben Methodist Church April 28
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Church offers free meal April 28
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Church to hold pasta dinner
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Be the bearers of love in a harsh world
- 4:00pm 04/14/18Chamber music concert April 21 at First Presbyterian Church
- 4:00pm 04/14/18Mark Hoffmann brings swing music to Trinity Community Coffee House
- 4:00pm 04/14/18Spring bag sale in Lee Center
- 4:00pm 04/14/18‘God, etc.’ series starts Monday