Epiphany Party slated Jan. 6 in Lee Center
LEE CENTER — An Epiphany Party will be held Friday, Jan. 6, in the Lee Center United Methodist Church, 5531 Lee Center-Taberg Road.
All are welcome. Participants should bring a covered dish to share and their own table settings for a 6 p.m. dinner and the program will follow at 7 p.m.
Merriam-Webster dictionary states, “Epiphany: January 6 observed as a church festival in commemoration of the coming of the Magi as the first manifestation of Christ to the Gentiles or in the Eastern Church in commemoration of the baptism of Christ.”
According to whyChristmas.com: “Epiphany is celebrated 12 days after Christmas on 6th January (or Jan. 19 for some Orthodox Church who have Christmas on 7th January) and is the time when Christians remember the Wise Men (also sometimes called the Three Kings) who visited Jesus.
“Epiphany is also when some Churches remember when Jesus was Baptized, when he was about 30, and started to teach people about God. Epiphany means ‘revelation’ and both the visit of the Wise Men and his Baptism are important times when Jesus was ‘revealed’ to be very important.”
Adirondack Community Chorus performs ‘Hope!’ concert Dec. 17
Catholic Daughters donate to Loaves and Fishes
STAND ALONE PIC 2017-12-07_LOC_durhamville_Baptist.jpg
Concert Friday aids International Christian Centers for the Deaf
- 4:00pm 12/09/17Holiday brunch Tuesday at Hart’s Hill Inn
- 4:00pm 12/09/17Adirondack Community Chorus performs ‘Hope!’ concert Dec. 17
- 4:00pm 12/09/17Catholic Daughters donate to Loaves and Fishes
- 4:00pm 12/09/17STAND ALONE PIC 2017-12-07_LOC_durhamville_Baptist.jpg
- 4:00pm 12/09/17RSVP Senior Readers Group
- 4:00pm 12/09/17Women’s club meets Thursday
- 4:00pm 12/09/17Queen Village Christmas Dec. 16
- 4:00pm 12/09/17Concert Friday aids International Christian Centers for the Deaf
- 4:00pm 12/09/17Annual Choir Day Sunday
- 4:00pm 12/09/17Floyd church offers cookies