Epiphany Party slated Jan. 6 in Lee Center
LEE CENTER — An Epiphany Party will be held Friday, Jan. 6, in the Lee Center United Methodist Church, 5531 Lee Center-Taberg Road.
All are welcome. Participants should bring a covered dish to share and their own table settings for a 6 p.m. dinner and the program will follow at 7 p.m.
Merriam-Webster dictionary states, “Epiphany: January 6 observed as a church festival in commemoration of the coming of the Magi as the first manifestation of Christ to the Gentiles or in the Eastern Church in commemoration of the baptism of Christ.”
According to whyChristmas.com: “Epiphany is celebrated 12 days after Christmas on 6th January (or Jan. 19 for some Orthodox Church who have Christmas on 7th January) and is the time when Christians remember the Wise Men (also sometimes called the Three Kings) who visited Jesus.
“Epiphany is also when some Churches remember when Jesus was Baptized, when he was about 30, and started to teach people about God. Epiphany means ‘revelation’ and both the visit of the Wise Men and his Baptism are important times when Jesus was ‘revealed’ to be very important.”
Non Nobis Domine: The Glory belongs to God
The Kingdom of Heaven is ‘within you’
‘Blessing Box’ at Verona Fire Department installed to help neighbors aid each other
‘I am the way, the truth, and the life’
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Women’s club meets Feb. 20
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Stone Soup event aids food pantry
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Church offers free meal Feb. 24
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Non Nobis Domine: The Glory belongs to God
- 4:00pm 02/10/18Spaghetti dinner served Feb. 18
- 4:00pm 02/10/18Drive-through ashing in Lee, Verona Feb. 14
- 4:00pm 02/10/18St. Peter’s offers ashes in Verona
- 4:00pm 02/10/18Services at Trinity United Methodist
- 4:00pm 02/10/18Meal aids Lutheran Disaster Response
- 4:00pm 02/10/18The Kingdom of Heaven is ‘within you’