Concert Friday aids International Christian Centers for the Deaf
CLARK MILLS — Clarks Mills United Methodist Church, 30 Clinton St., will host a Sounds of Hope Christmas concert at 7 p.m. Friday, Dec. 15, to benefit International Christian Centers for the Deaf.
A free love offering will be collected to benefit the organization helping impoverished deaf children in the Bahamas, Cuba and Mexico. Donations are tax-deductible. For more information, contact the church at (315) 790-0494.
The concert will feature inspirational hearing-impaired singer and national recording artist Sherry Anne who was born with a bilateral hearing and speech impairment. She blends Southern Gospel-style, country and blues music. She has performed nation-wide, including at a Gaither Vocal Band earlier this year and at a Gaither Homecoming Sing-along in September.
She recently released a video of “Silent Prayer” to which she adds sign language as a song that offers hope to those challenged by life circumstances, including hearing loss and grief.
Earlier this year, Sherry Anne shared the mission of the International Christian Centers for the Deaf in a promotional video filmed in northern Mexico. See the video and learn more at www.sherryanne.com.
Fall, football, and the armor of God
Delta Lake Christian Music Fest Sept. 22
Annual International Day of Peace celebration Sept. 16
Thoughts on faith and labor
- 11:28am 09/18/18AREA CHURCH SERVICES
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Fall, football, and the armor of God
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Delta Lake Christian Music Fest Sept. 22
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Harvest Fair lunch Tuesday
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Bible study starts Sept. 19 in Rome
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Community center hosts carnival
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Rummage, bake sales Thursday
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Brunch Thursday in Canastota
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Music and ministry program Sept. 29
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Franciscans host discussion group