Concert Friday aids International Christian Centers for the Deaf
CLARK MILLS — Clarks Mills United Methodist Church, 30 Clinton St., will host a Sounds of Hope Christmas concert at 7 p.m. Friday, Dec. 15, to benefit International Christian Centers for the Deaf.
A free love offering will be collected to benefit the organization helping impoverished deaf children in the Bahamas, Cuba and Mexico. Donations are tax-deductible. For more information, contact the church at (315) 790-0494.
The concert will feature inspirational hearing-impaired singer and national recording artist Sherry Anne who was born with a bilateral hearing and speech impairment. She blends Southern Gospel-style, country and blues music. She has performed nation-wide, including at a Gaither Vocal Band earlier this year and at a Gaither Homecoming Sing-along in September.
She recently released a video of “Silent Prayer” to which she adds sign language as a song that offers hope to those challenged by life circumstances, including hearing loss and grief.
Earlier this year, Sherry Anne shared the mission of the International Christian Centers for the Deaf in a promotional video filmed in northern Mexico. See the video and learn more at www.sherryanne.com.
Commonality in shared faith
‘Colors of Grace’ Cantata Sunday
The cross, a Lenten sign of God’s love
New York Adult & Teen Challenge set for Sunday
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Commonality in shared faith
- 4:00pm 03/17/18‘Colors of Grace’ Cantata Sunday
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Waterbury Memorial Presbyterian Church lists special services
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Fashionable spring topic of luncheon
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Gospel Services start Tuesday
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Verona church offers free meal
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Women’s club meets Thursday
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Church offers Palm Sunday meal
- 4:00pm 03/10/18The cross, a Lenten sign of God’s love
- 4:00pm 03/10/18Community prayer vigil Tuesday in Canastota