Concert Friday aids International Christian Centers for the Deaf
CLARK MILLS — Clarks Mills United Methodist Church, 30 Clinton St., will host a Sounds of Hope Christmas concert at 7 p.m. Friday, Dec. 15, to benefit International Christian Centers for the Deaf.
A free love offering will be collected to benefit the organization helping impoverished deaf children in the Bahamas, Cuba and Mexico. Donations are tax-deductible. For more information, contact the church at (315) 790-0494.
The concert will feature inspirational hearing-impaired singer and national recording artist Sherry Anne who was born with a bilateral hearing and speech impairment. She blends Southern Gospel-style, country and blues music. She has performed nation-wide, including at a Gaither Vocal Band earlier this year and at a Gaither Homecoming Sing-along in September.
She recently released a video of “Silent Prayer” to which she adds sign language as a song that offers hope to those challenged by life circumstances, including hearing loss and grief.
Earlier this year, Sherry Anne shared the mission of the International Christian Centers for the Deaf in a promotional video filmed in northern Mexico. See the video and learn more at www.sherryanne.com.
Fleeting time — The half dimension
Bartlett Baptist marks 200 years, pastor’s retirement
Small acts can help grow Kingdom of God
God calls on us to embrace our capabilities
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Clinton Symphony Orchestra presents West Side Story with Charles Schneider July 1
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Church offers home-cooked meal
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Fleeting time — The half dimension
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Bartlett Baptist marks 200 years, pastor’s retirement
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Small acts can help grow Kingdom of God
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Women meet for brunch Thursday
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Heart Touching Tour stops in Oriskany Sunday
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Club hosts author Elaine Miller
- 4:00pm 06/09/18God calls on us to embrace our capabilities
- 4:00pm 06/09/18Magic show, potluck Sunday