Community prayer vigil Tuesday in Canastota
CANASTOTA — The Canastota Area Association of Churches invites the public to attend a community prayer vigil for schools at 6 p.m. on Tuesday, March 13, outside the Canastota Central School District Offices, 120 Roberts St.
The group will gather near the flag pole and sign in front of the Roberts Street educational complex.
The brief prayer service will include a candlelight vigil, in memory of those who have been killed or wounded in recent school violence, and will conclude with prayers from clergy and laypeople for “God’s protection over our own school students and staff members,” organizers stated.
There is no cost and everyone is welcome to attend.
Membership in the Canastota Area Association of Churches is open to all local Christian congregations and includes: Believers’ Chapel of Canastota, Church of the Nazarene, Clockville United Methodist Church, First Baptist Church, Hope Christian Fellowship, Oneida Lake Congregational Church, Saint Agatha’s Roman Catholic Church, South Bay Chapel, Trinity Episcopal Church, United Church of Canastota and Whitelaw Presbyterian Church.
Understanding salvation is fundamental to spiritual growth
Fall, football, and the armor of God
Delta Lake Christian Music Fest Sept. 22
Annual International Day of Peace celebration Sept. 16
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Understanding salvation is fundamental to spiritual growth
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Grace Union marks 129th anniversary
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Church to host Harvest Dinner
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Dinner, dancing in Westmoreland
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Retreat House offers First Friday Day of Prayer
- 11:28am 09/18/18AREA CHURCH SERVICES
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Fall, football, and the armor of God
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Delta Lake Christian Music Fest Sept. 22
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Harvest Fair lunch Tuesday
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Bible study starts Sept. 19 in Rome