Community prayer vigil Tuesday in Canastota
CANASTOTA — The Canastota Area Association of Churches invites the public to attend a community prayer vigil for schools at 6 p.m. on Tuesday, March 13, outside the Canastota Central School District Offices, 120 Roberts St.
The group will gather near the flag pole and sign in front of the Roberts Street educational complex.
The brief prayer service will include a candlelight vigil, in memory of those who have been killed or wounded in recent school violence, and will conclude with prayers from clergy and laypeople for “God’s protection over our own school students and staff members,” organizers stated.
There is no cost and everyone is welcome to attend.
Membership in the Canastota Area Association of Churches is open to all local Christian congregations and includes: Believers’ Chapel of Canastota, Church of the Nazarene, Clockville United Methodist Church, First Baptist Church, Hope Christian Fellowship, Oneida Lake Congregational Church, Saint Agatha’s Roman Catholic Church, South Bay Chapel, Trinity Episcopal Church, United Church of Canastota and Whitelaw Presbyterian Church.
Bartlett Baptist marks 200 years, pastor’s retirement
Small acts can help grow Kingdom of God
God calls on us to embrace our capabilities
Time to plant good seeds
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Bartlett Baptist marks 200 years, pastor’s retirement
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Small acts can help grow Kingdom of God
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Women meet for brunch Thursday
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Heart Touching Tour stops in Oriskany Sunday
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Club hosts author Elaine Miller
- 4:00pm 06/09/18God calls on us to embrace our capabilities
- 4:00pm 06/09/18Magic show, potluck Sunday
- 4:00pm 06/09/18Children’s Day celebration Sunday
- 4:00pm 06/09/18Film screening Tuesday
- 4:00pm 06/09/18Strawberry shortcake on menu in Steuben