Community Appreciation Day slated for Aug. 12
CANASTOTA — On Sunday, Aug. 12, Hope Christian Fellowship is partnering with Believers’ Chapel of Canastota and the Compassion Connection Food Pantry to sponsor a Community Appreciation Day, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. The public may join in under a tent that will be set up at 2657 Seneca Turnpike.
The Rev. Thomas Burgess, the pastor of Hope Christian Fellowship, and a case supervisor with Onondaga County Adult Protective Services, will speak on the subject of “Revival” during the morning worship time. There will be food, music, children’s activities and water baptism for those who have not yet been baptized or who may desire to do their first works over (Acts 2:38; Revelation 2:5).
A life-long Central New Yorker, Burgess is a 1971 graduate of Canastota High School. He then attended Syracuse University, where he received his bachelor’s of science degree in speech communications and education, and subsequently completed post-graduate work at Le Moyne College to earn certification in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages.
An educator in elementary, secondary and adult education for more than two decades prior to working for Onondaga County, he now frequently presents to various agencies and community groups and is a trainer for a National Clearinghouse on Abuse in Later Life grant. Burgess is a past recipient of an Onondaga County Volunteer Award for his work with abused children and youth and a National Adult Protective Services Association Award for his work on elder justice. In August, Burgess also celebrates the 41st anniversary of his ordination to the Christian ministry.
Children: Investment for the future
Honesty, integrity, and being true to their word
Philippians 3:13-14: How to reach your goal
Roof, steeple work at Holy Trinity Roman Catholic Church
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Children: Investment for the future
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Mount Calvary marks anniversary
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Service and picnic Sunday in Oriskany
- 4:00pm 08/11/18Honesty, integrity, and being true to their word
- 4:00pm 08/11/18Grace Union AME Church to host revival service
- 4:00pm 08/11/18Hecla Hall to host picnic-style meal
- 4:00pm 08/11/18‘The Blessing of the Boats’ Sunday in Sylvan Beach
- 4:00pm 08/04/18Philippians 3:13-14: How to reach your goal
- 4:00pm 08/04/18Roof, steeple work at Holy Trinity Roman Catholic Church
- 4:00pm 08/04/18Vacation Bible School in Westmoreland