Collections for Operation Christmas Child start Monday
Operation Christmas Child’s National Collection Week starts Monday, Nov. 13 and runs through Nov. 20.
Operation Christmas Child is when local residents will collect shoebox gifts filled with fun toys, school supplies and hygiene items. The Samaritan’s Purse project will deliver these gifts to children affected by war, disease, disaster, poverty and famine. The NY North Central Area Team volunteers have a goal of collecting more than 10,250 gifts during the week.
“It’s exciting to think of the impact our efforts will have in the life of each child who receives a shoebox,” Regional Manager Tracy Thornton said in a statement. “We can’t wait to see how our community will respond this year to share God’s love with children across the globe.”
For more information on how to participate in Operation Christmas Child or to view gift suggestions, call 518-437-0690 or visit samaritanspurse.org/occ.
Participants can donate $9 per shoebox gift online through “Follow Your Box” and receive a tracking label to discover its destination.
Those who prefer the convenience of online shopping can browsesamaritanspurse.org/buildonline to select gifts matched to a child’s specific age and gender, then finish packing the virtual shoebox by adding a photo and personal note of encouragement.
Collection sites include:
- Resurrection Life Church. 628 Floyd Ave.: Hours are Monday-Friday, 11 a.m.- 1 p.m.; Saturday 10 a.m.-noon; Sunday 1-3 p.m.; Monday, Nov. 20, 9-11 a.m.
- Beacon Light Baptist Church, 5058 Route 31, Vernon: Monday-Sunday, 10 a.m.-noon and 3-6 p.m.; Monday, Nov. 20, 10 a.m.-noon.
- Crosspoint Church, 317 Oriskany Boulevard, Whitesboro: Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m.-noon and 6-8 p.m.; Friday, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. and 6-8 p.m.; Saturday 9 a.m.-noon; Sunday 3-6 p.m.; Monday, Nov. 20, 7:30-9:30 a.m.
- Center Point Christian Fellowship, 8021 Route 12, Barneveld: Monday-Friday, 5:30-7:30 p.m.; Saturday, 2-4 p.m.; Sunday, 5:30-7:30 p.m.; Monday, Nov. 20, 8-10 a.m.
- Boonville United Methodist Church, 105 Ann St., Boonville: Monday-Wednesday, 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.; Thursday-Friday, 10 a.m.- 6:30 p.m.; Saturday 9:30 a.m.- 5 p.m.; Sunday noon -2 p.m.; Monday, Nov. 20, 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
- United Church of Canastota, 144 Center St., Canastota: Monday-Friday, 6-8 p.m.; Saturday 9 a.m.-noon; Sunday 11 a.m.- 2:30 p.m.; Monday, Nov. 20, 9-11 a.m.
Westernville Presbyterian celebrates bicentennial
Local ministry seeks to spread message of love to community
Donation to Rome Rescue Mission
Importance of spring cleaning
- 4:10pm 05/26/18Westernville Presbyterian celebrates bicentennial
- 4:00pm 05/26/18Event celebrates local Jewish community
- 4:00pm 05/26/18Saturday service
- 4:00pm 05/26/18Memorial service in Westmoreland
- 4:00pm 05/26/18Foothills ministry announces June hours
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Local ministry seeks to spread message of love to community
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Donation to Rome Rescue Mission
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Women’s Day service Sunday
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Women’s club meets May 22
- 4:00pm 05/19/18‘Beauty Secrets’ theme for meeting