Christmas Service of Lessons and Carols Sunday at Hamilton College
CLINTON — The Hamilton College Choir and College Hill Singers, directed by professor Jace Saplan, will lead a Christmas Service of Lessons and Carols at 4 p.m. on Sunday, in the Hamilton College Chapel.
The tradition of the Service of Lessons and Carols dates back to Christmas Eve of 1918 and Cambridge University in England.
Planned by the new dean of King’s College, fresh from his role as army chaplain in World War I, the service has become a tradition for many colleges across the world.
Hamilton College welcomes parishioners from the campus community and the public to join in the celebration of the Advent season, anticipating the joy of Christmas, reading together the biblical narratives and familiar songs.
Officiating over the service will be the Rev. Jeffrey H. McArn, college chaplain, with the assistance of readers and candle bearers from Hamilton College.
Local clergy will also participate in the service.
A reception with Christmas cookies, punch and coffee will follow the service upstairs in the chapel.
For more information contact Rev. Jeffrey McArn at 315-859-4130 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
On the net: www.hamilton.edu/college/chaplain.
Honesty, integrity, and being true to their word
Philippians 3:13-14: How to reach your goal
Roof, steeple work at Holy Trinity Roman Catholic Church
Working behind the scenes
- 4:00pm 08/11/18Honesty, integrity, and being true to their word
- 4:00pm 08/11/18Grace Union AME Church to host revival service
- 4:00pm 08/11/18Hecla Hall to host picnic-style meal
- 4:00pm 08/11/18‘The Blessing of the Boats’ Sunday in Sylvan Beach
- 4:00pm 08/04/18Philippians 3:13-14: How to reach your goal
- 4:00pm 08/04/18Roof, steeple work at Holy Trinity Roman Catholic Church
- 4:00pm 08/04/18Vacation Bible School in Westmoreland
- 4:00pm 08/04/18Saint Margaret’s sets open house
- 4:00pm 08/04/18Community Appreciation Day slated for Aug. 12
- 4:00pm 07/28/18Working behind the scenes