Christmas Service of Lessons and Carols Sunday at Hamilton College
CLINTON — The Hamilton College Choir and College Hill Singers, directed by professor Jace Saplan, will lead a Christmas Service of Lessons and Carols at 4 p.m. on Sunday, in the Hamilton College Chapel.
The tradition of the Service of Lessons and Carols dates back to Christmas Eve of 1918 and Cambridge University in England.
Planned by the new dean of King’s College, fresh from his role as army chaplain in World War I, the service has become a tradition for many colleges across the world.
Hamilton College welcomes parishioners from the campus community and the public to join in the celebration of the Advent season, anticipating the joy of Christmas, reading together the biblical narratives and familiar songs.
Officiating over the service will be the Rev. Jeffrey H. McArn, college chaplain, with the assistance of readers and candle bearers from Hamilton College.
Local clergy will also participate in the service.
A reception with Christmas cookies, punch and coffee will follow the service upstairs in the chapel.
For more information contact Rev. Jeffrey McArn at 315-859-4130 or by email email@example.com.
On the net: www.hamilton.edu/college/chaplain.
Local ministry seeks to spread message of love to community
Donation to Rome Rescue Mission
Importance of spring cleaning
Strength of a mother’s love
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Local ministry seeks to spread message of love to community
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Donation to Rome Rescue Mission
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Women’s Day service Sunday
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Women’s club meets May 22
- 4:00pm 05/19/18‘Beauty Secrets’ theme for meeting
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Church offers free meal May 26
- 4:00pm 05/19/18First Baptist hosts basement sale
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Importance of spring cleaning
- 4:00pm 05/16/18Butterfly tea event Saturday
- 4:00pm 05/12/18Strength of a mother’s love