CHARITABLE GIVING — The Catholic Daughters of the Americas presented a check for $100 to Loaves and Fishes Outreach Center Soup Kitchen to aid with their Thanksgiving meal efforts. (Photo submitted)
Catholic Daughters donate to Loaves and Fishes
The Mother Cabrini Chapter of the Catholic Daughters of
the Americas recently made a $100 donation, plus canned goods contributions, to the Loaves and Fishes Outreach Center Soup Kitchen to aid in their Thanksgiving meal preparation.
Carol Furgol, member of the Catholic Daughters, said “As I was reading the Gospel of Matthew, chapter 25, it sums up what we do. ‘And what you do for the least of mine, you do for Me.’ It said we must serve Christ and see him in everyone, put your faith into action.”
“Father Hearn motivates us to focus on improving their lives, and the lives of Our community,” Loaves and Fishes director Anthony DeJean said.
The mission is located at 401 N.
The Catholic Daughters of the Americas serve the Rome community, helping charitable organizations and causes throughout the city, including work with local food pantries, church missions, United Cerebral Palsy, Lucy House, Rome Memorial Hospital and local nursing homes. “We are servants of the Lord,” Furgol said.
For more information contact Furgol at (315) 336-5483.
For additional information on Loaves and Fishes Outreach Center, call (315) 533-5028.
On the net: www.facebook.com/loavesandfishesrome
Information provided to the Sentinel for an article published Dec. 2 was incorrect.
Fall, football, and the armor of God
Delta Lake Christian Music Fest Sept. 22
Annual International Day of Peace celebration Sept. 16
Thoughts on faith and labor
- 11:28am 09/18/18AREA CHURCH SERVICES
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Fall, football, and the armor of God
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Delta Lake Christian Music Fest Sept. 22
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Harvest Fair lunch Tuesday
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Bible study starts Sept. 19 in Rome
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Community center hosts carnival
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Rummage, bake sales Thursday
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Brunch Thursday in Canastota
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Music and ministry program Sept. 29
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Franciscans host discussion group