Bicentennial concert June 11
UTICA — The Historic Old St. John’s Church at 240 Bleeker Street will host a concert on Monday, June 11, at 6 p.m.
Under the direction of organist Angela Bonomo Nassar, the music chosen will span several centuries from Gregorian Chant to “A Gift of Peace and Joy” written by local composer Dr. Louis Angelini.
The Hallelujah Chorus from Beethoven’s “Mount of Olives”, “Amazing Grace”, and St. John’s signature song, “The Battle Hymn of the Republic”, among others, will also be performed.
The concert will last 45 minutes, and admission is free to the public.
The concert is part of a series of events celebrating Old St. John’s bicentennial anniversary. Other events are to include a golf tournament on June 21 at Twin Ponds, a tour of the church on July 9, and a parish bazaar on Sept. 8 and 9.
For more information regarding the concert or other bicentennial events at the parish, call 315-797-4038.
Honesty, integrity, and being true to their word
Philippians 3:13-14: How to reach your goal
Roof, steeple work at Holy Trinity Roman Catholic Church
Working behind the scenes
- 4:00pm 08/11/18Honesty, integrity, and being true to their word
- 4:00pm 08/11/18Grace Union AME Church to host revival service
- 4:00pm 08/11/18Hecla Hall to host picnic-style meal
- 4:00pm 08/11/18‘The Blessing of the Boats’ Sunday in Sylvan Beach
- 4:00pm 08/04/18Philippians 3:13-14: How to reach your goal
- 4:00pm 08/04/18Roof, steeple work at Holy Trinity Roman Catholic Church
- 4:00pm 08/04/18Vacation Bible School in Westmoreland
- 4:00pm 08/04/18Saint Margaret’s sets open house
- 4:00pm 08/04/18Community Appreciation Day slated for Aug. 12
- 4:00pm 07/28/18Working behind the scenes