Bicentennial concert June 11
UTICA — The Historic Old St. John’s Church at 240 Bleeker Street will host a concert on Monday, June 11, at 6 p.m.
Under the direction of organist Angela Bonomo Nassar, the music chosen will span several centuries from Gregorian Chant to “A Gift of Peace and Joy” written by local composer Dr. Louis Angelini.
The Hallelujah Chorus from Beethoven’s “Mount of Olives”, “Amazing Grace”, and St. John’s signature song, “The Battle Hymn of the Republic”, among others, will also be performed.
The concert will last 45 minutes, and admission is free to the public.
The concert is part of a series of events celebrating Old St. John’s bicentennial anniversary. Other events are to include a golf tournament on June 21 at Twin Ponds, a tour of the church on July 9, and a parish bazaar on Sept. 8 and 9.
For more information regarding the concert or other bicentennial events at the parish, call 315-797-4038.
Bartlett Baptist marks 200 years, pastor’s retirement
Small acts can help grow Kingdom of God
God calls on us to embrace our capabilities
Time to plant good seeds
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Bartlett Baptist marks 200 years, pastor’s retirement
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Small acts can help grow Kingdom of God
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Women meet for brunch Thursday
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Heart Touching Tour stops in Oriskany Sunday
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Club hosts author Elaine Miller
- 4:00pm 06/09/18God calls on us to embrace our capabilities
- 4:00pm 06/09/18Magic show, potluck Sunday
- 4:00pm 06/09/18Children’s Day celebration Sunday
- 4:00pm 06/09/18Film screening Tuesday
- 4:00pm 06/09/18Strawberry shortcake on menu in Steuben