Bicentennial concert June 11
UTICA — The Historic Old St. John’s Church at 240 Bleeker Street will host a concert on Monday, June 11, at 6 p.m.
Under the direction of organist Angela Bonomo Nassar, the music chosen will span several centuries from Gregorian Chant to “A Gift of Peace and Joy” written by local composer Dr. Louis Angelini.
The Hallelujah Chorus from Beethoven’s “Mount of Olives”, “Amazing Grace”, and St. John’s signature song, “The Battle Hymn of the Republic”, among others, will also be performed.
The concert will last 45 minutes, and admission is free to the public.
The concert is part of a series of events celebrating Old St. John’s bicentennial anniversary. Other events are to include a golf tournament on June 21 at Twin Ponds, a tour of the church on July 9, and a parish bazaar on Sept. 8 and 9.
For more information regarding the concert or other bicentennial events at the parish, call 315-797-4038.
Consequences for our choices
Trinity Community Coffee House hosts The Cadleys Oct. 20
St. David’s Society of Utica to sponsor Fall Gymanfa Ganu
Booth Brothers, Sherry Anne in concert in Whitesboro
- 4:00pm 10/15/18New hours for church Clothing Closet
- 4:00pm 10/13/18Consequences for our choices
- 4:00pm 10/13/18Trinity Community Coffee House hosts The Cadleys Oct. 20
- 4:00pm 10/13/18Octoberfeast in Holland Patent
- 4:00pm 10/13/18Dan Schall performs Oct. 21
- 4:00pm 10/13/18Augusta church hosts Old Home Days Service
- 4:00pm 10/13/18Ladies luncheon Thursday in Canastota
- 4:00pm 10/13/18AREA CHURCH SERVICES
- 4:00pm 10/08/18Harvest of Faith set for Tuesday
- 4:00pm 10/06/18United Church of Canastota to hold chicken barbecue