Woman reported missing in Connecticut airlifted to hospital after Camden crash
CAMDEN — A Connecticut woman who had been reported missing from her home last week was found in a motor vehicle accident on Oswego Street on Wednesday.
State police said they attempted to pull over a 2009 Dodge Charger that was stopped in the middle of the intersection of Oswego and Church streets at about noon on Wednesday.
As the trooper approached the vehicle on foot, they said the female driver sped off down Oswego Street.
The trooper returned to his vehicle to give chase, but soon found the Dodge crashed into a utility pole in front of Camden Elementary School.
The driver was identified as Michelle L. Pierce, age 41, of Stratford, Conn., and authorities said she was air-lifted to University Hospital in Syracuse in critical condition.
Further investigation revealed that she had been reported missing, with threats of suicide, to the Stratford Police Department on July 6.
State police said the investigation is continuing, the authorities said.
- 11:38am 09/25/18Westmoreland firefighters rescue dog
- 4:02pm 09/24/18Gas prices remain steady in region, AAA survey reports
- 4:01pm 09/24/18Thousands descend on the Remsen Barn Fest
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Saturday's Royalty and Rogues IV festival in Stittville
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Meetings — Tuesday, Sept. 25, 2018
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Man injured in flipped vehicle trying to avoid deer
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Community Foundation offers training for non-profits
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Pair of Oneida residents charged with driving stolen car
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Crash sends couple to hospital
- 4:00pm 09/24/18200 jobs, millions in investment projected for drone zone