Woman reported missing in Connecticut airlifted to hospital after Camden crash
CAMDEN — A Connecticut woman who had been reported missing from her home last week was found in a motor vehicle accident on Oswego Street on Wednesday.
State police said they attempted to pull over a 2009 Dodge Charger that was stopped in the middle of the intersection of Oswego and Church streets at about noon on Wednesday.
As the trooper approached the vehicle on foot, they said the female driver sped off down Oswego Street.
The trooper returned to his vehicle to give chase, but soon found the Dodge crashed into a utility pole in front of Camden Elementary School.
The driver was identified as Michelle L. Pierce, age 41, of Stratford, Conn., and authorities said she was air-lifted to University Hospital in Syracuse in critical condition.
Further investigation revealed that she had been reported missing, with threats of suicide, to the Stratford Police Department on July 6.
State police said the investigation is continuing, the authorities said.
- 4:10pm 07/17/18$9M swift water rescue training center opens in Whitestown
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Goat Yoga is baaaaack at Fort Rickey
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Man accused of having sex with underage girl
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Camden schools to establish two special patrol officers
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Police outline Law Enforcement Day schedule
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Coupons for seniors offered Friday at Farmer’s Market
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Event to raise funds for R-CATS
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Bellamy Community Awards names master of ceremonies
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Meetings — Wednesday, July 18, 2018
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Public Safety Logs —July 17, 2018