Woman reported missing in Connecticut airlifted to hospital after Camden crash
CAMDEN — A Connecticut woman who had been reported missing from her home last week was found in a motor vehicle accident on Oswego Street on Wednesday.
State police said they attempted to pull over a 2009 Dodge Charger that was stopped in the middle of the intersection of Oswego and Church streets at about noon on Wednesday.
As the trooper approached the vehicle on foot, they said the female driver sped off down Oswego Street.
The trooper returned to his vehicle to give chase, but soon found the Dodge crashed into a utility pole in front of Camden Elementary School.
The driver was identified as Michelle L. Pierce, age 41, of Stratford, Conn., and authorities said she was air-lifted to University Hospital in Syracuse in critical condition.
Further investigation revealed that she had been reported missing, with threats of suicide, to the Stratford Police Department on July 6.
State police said the investigation is continuing, the authorities said.
- 4:10pm 11/17/18City’s Codes Department unveils hybrid car fleet $100,000 state grant funds purchase of new, energy-efficient vehicles
- 4:00pm 11/17/18DEC seeks input on managing Tug Hill lands
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Civic group honors AmeriCu’s Manuele
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Drivers urged to think safety as winter descends on region
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Woman gets probation for theft
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Eight area residents among state police grads
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Jervis serves as collection point for multiple community outreach efforts
- 4:00pm 11/17/18State champion RFA Marching Band receives commendation
- 4:00pm 11/17/18School board debates membership in statewide association
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Public Safety Logs — Nov. 17, 2018