Woman injured after running into side of passing car, police say
NEW HARTFORD — A 58-year-old woman was hospitalized after law enforcers said she was drunk and ran into the side of a passing car on Route 5 Friday night.
Police said Martha Tschantre, of New Hartford, was walking home from a local restaurant at about 8 p.m. when she attempted to cross Route 5. Police said Tschantre ran out into the street and right into the side of a westbound 2016 Chevy, driven by Cynthia Deep.
Police said they determined that Tschantre was drunk and that may have played a factor in the accident. Tschantre was taken to St. Elizabeth Medical Center in Utica with non-life threatening injuries.
- 4:10pm 11/17/18City’s Codes Department unveils hybrid car fleet $100,000 state grant funds purchase of new, energy-efficient vehicles
- 4:00pm 11/17/18DEC seeks input on managing Tug Hill lands
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Civic group honors AmeriCu’s Manuele
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Drivers urged to think safety as winter descends on region
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Woman gets probation for theft
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Eight area residents among state police grads
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Jervis serves as collection point for multiple community outreach efforts
- 4:00pm 11/17/18State champion RFA Marching Band receives commendation
- 4:00pm 11/17/18School board debates membership in statewide association
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Public Safety Logs — Nov. 17, 2018