Woman injured after running into side of passing car, police say
NEW HARTFORD — A 58-year-old woman was hospitalized after law enforcers said she was drunk and ran into the side of a passing car on Route 5 Friday night.
Police said Martha Tschantre, of New Hartford, was walking home from a local restaurant at about 8 p.m. when she attempted to cross Route 5. Police said Tschantre ran out into the street and right into the side of a westbound 2016 Chevy, driven by Cynthia Deep.
Police said they determined that Tschantre was drunk and that may have played a factor in the accident. Tschantre was taken to St. Elizabeth Medical Center in Utica with non-life threatening injuries.
- 4:01pm 09/21/18High time for pot talks?
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Pair charged after 51 meth pots seized in Madison County drug raid
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Pair named Officers of the Month for presidential preparations
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Three charged in hit and run accident in city Thursday
- 4:00pm 09/21/18State sends letters to schools to warn of opioid dangers
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Valesky concedes primary but remains on November ballot
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Fort super to receive Medal of the Order of 1777
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Jervis joins National Voter Registration Day efforts
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Movies — Sept. 21, 2018
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Public Safety Logs — Sept. 21, 2018