Woman injured after running into side of passing car, police say
NEW HARTFORD — A 58-year-old woman was hospitalized after law enforcers said she was drunk and ran into the side of a passing car on Route 5 Friday night.
Police said Martha Tschantre, of New Hartford, was walking home from a local restaurant at about 8 p.m. when she attempted to cross Route 5. Police said Tschantre ran out into the street and right into the side of a westbound 2016 Chevy, driven by Cynthia Deep.
Police said they determined that Tschantre was drunk and that may have played a factor in the accident. Tschantre was taken to St. Elizabeth Medical Center in Utica with non-life threatening injuries.
- 4:01pm 03/16/18National Grid bills to go up starting next month
- 4:00pm 03/16/18Olympian to speak at Rome Sports Hall of Fame event on April 7
- 4:00pm 03/16/18MVCC to host info session for student-athletes
- 4:00pm 03/16/18Trial of accused killer set to begin Monday with jury selection
- 4:00pm 03/16/18Students at Ridge Mills Science Fair explain it all
- 4:00pm 03/16/18Pair of state lawmakers back legislation on prescription drug costs
- 4:00pm 03/16/18Lee extends application deadline for water supervisor
- 4:00pm 03/16/18County moves up 11 places in state health ranking
- 4:00pm 03/16/18MVHS, project manager report progress on $480M downtown Utica hospital
- 4:00pm 03/16/18Public Safety Logs —March 16, 2018