Woman injured after running into side of passing car, police say
NEW HARTFORD — A 58-year-old woman was hospitalized after law enforcers said she was drunk and ran into the side of a passing car on Route 5 Friday night.
Police said Martha Tschantre, of New Hartford, was walking home from a local restaurant at about 8 p.m. when she attempted to cross Route 5. Police said Tschantre ran out into the street and right into the side of a westbound 2016 Chevy, driven by Cynthia Deep.
Police said they determined that Tschantre was drunk and that may have played a factor in the accident. Tschantre was taken to St. Elizabeth Medical Center in Utica with non-life threatening injuries.
- 4:10pm 07/14/18Yorkville resident receives Liberty Medal
- 4:00pm 07/14/18Over 1,000 youngsters participate in county’s annual Sidewalk Art Contest
- 4:00pm 07/14/18IDA approves three actions for project at former Rome Cable
- 4:00pm 07/14/18Music teacher position added at BOE meeting
- 4:00pm 07/14/18Oneida to hold groundbreaking ceremony for railway redevelopment
- 4:00pm 07/14/18DiNapoli mentions Rome, Utica demographics in report
- 4:00pm 07/14/18Boy in critical condition after BB gun game
- 4:00pm 07/14/18Public Safety Logs — July 14, 2018
- 4:00pm 07/14/18Sherrill to host concert series, balloon walk
- 4:00pm 07/14/18Newly donated items featured at Rome Historical Society