Woman injured after running into side of passing car, police say
NEW HARTFORD — A 58-year-old woman was hospitalized after law enforcers said she was drunk and ran into the side of a passing car on Route 5 Friday night.
Police said Martha Tschantre, of New Hartford, was walking home from a local restaurant at about 8 p.m. when she attempted to cross Route 5. Police said Tschantre ran out into the street and right into the side of a westbound 2016 Chevy, driven by Cynthia Deep.
Police said they determined that Tschantre was drunk and that may have played a factor in the accident. Tschantre was taken to St. Elizabeth Medical Center in Utica with non-life threatening injuries.
- 4:00pm 05/23/18Jervis Library hosts semi-annual Recycling Day
- 4:00pm 05/23/18Woman charged with drunk driving
- 4:00pm 05/23/18Area unemployment rate drops, state statistics show
- 4:00pm 05/23/18Hinckley boat launch to open Thursday
- 4:00pm 05/23/18Meetings — Thursday, May 24, 2018
- 4:00pm 05/23/18College graduations, acceptances — May 23, 2018
- 4:00pm 05/23/18Memorial Day travelers to hit road despite soaring prices
- 4:00pm 05/23/18St. Elizabeth College of Nursing presents graduation awards
- 4:00pm 05/23/18Local trio among Junior Dairy Leaders
- 4:00pm 05/23/18Area pair elected to state FFA posts