Woman found dead in hotel jacuzzi
TOWN OF WEBB — A 55-year-old woman was found dead in a jacuzzi in her hotel room at the Water’s Edge Inn in Herkimer County Monday afternoon, law enforcers report.
Authorities said the woman suffered a medical emergency. No foul play is suspected.
State police said the New Jersey woman was found unresponsive in the jacuzzi bathtub in her room at 3:45 p.m.
Troopers said maintenance staff at the Route 28 hotel entered her room because a smoke detector was going off. They discovered the body.
An autopsy was conducted and troopers said the woman suffered a medical issue while in the jacuzzi and she slipped under the water.
Troopers said her death was ruled an accidental drowning
and that the investigation is
- 4:10pm 03/17/18Camden announces top ten scholars
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Two at EADS receive promotions
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Three earn high honors at South Lewis
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Textbooks approved by BOE in 5-2 vote
- 4:00pm 03/17/18School district redefines lease agreement to use Kost Field Complex
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Student, 11, charged in Westmoreland threat
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Pair accused of welfare fraud in Madison County
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Henry P. Smith Post hosts meeting Tuesday
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Lowville teen caught in Walmart fraud
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Utica Dollars for Scholars applications deadline approaching