Woman found dead in hotel jacuzzi
TOWN OF WEBB — A 55-year-old woman was found dead in a jacuzzi in her hotel room at the Water’s Edge Inn in Herkimer County Monday afternoon, law enforcers report.
Authorities said the woman suffered a medical emergency. No foul play is suspected.
State police said the New Jersey woman was found unresponsive in the jacuzzi bathtub in her room at 3:45 p.m.
Troopers said maintenance staff at the Route 28 hotel entered her room because a smoke detector was going off. They discovered the body.
An autopsy was conducted and troopers said the woman suffered a medical issue while in the jacuzzi and she slipped under the water.
Troopers said her death was ruled an accidental drowning
and that the investigation is
- 4:02pm 06/23/18345 get diplomas at RFA commencement ceremony
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Oriskany Central School celebrates 2018 commencement ceremony
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Oriskany graduates earn honors
- 4:00pm 06/23/18154 students turn tassels at Camden commencement
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Camden grads receive awards, scholarships
- 4:00pm 06/23/18RFA senior earns special credential
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Conservation officer hooks Madison County angler
- 4:00pm 06/23/18GlassBarge gives free glassblowing demonstrations
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Public Safety Logs — June 23, 2018
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Rome Free Academy valedictorian: ‘Strive to be self aware’