Woman found dead in hotel jacuzzi
TOWN OF WEBB — A 55-year-old woman was found dead in a jacuzzi in her hotel room at the Water’s Edge Inn in Herkimer County Monday afternoon, law enforcers report.
Authorities said the woman suffered a medical emergency. No foul play is suspected.
State police said the New Jersey woman was found unresponsive in the jacuzzi bathtub in her room at 3:45 p.m.
Troopers said maintenance staff at the Route 28 hotel entered her room because a smoke detector was going off. They discovered the body.
An autopsy was conducted and troopers said the woman suffered a medical issue while in the jacuzzi and she slipped under the water.
Troopers said her death was ruled an accidental drowning
and that the investigation is
- 4:00pm 09/19/18GOP’s Molinaro gets Picente endorsement
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Board approves paving project to ease Strough parking woes
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Possible harmful algae blooms found on Oneida Lake
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Flu season coming on quickly, health department warns; officials say the time is now to get annual flu vaccine
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Utica man accused of raping two children
- 4:00pm 09/19/18-
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Two charged as accomplices in DeWitt slayings
- 4:00pm 09/19/18State begins weekly fall foliage reports
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Brindisi: Public would suffer from proposed health care merger
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Meetings — Thursday, Sept. 20