Erin E. Chesebro
Woman faces welfare fraud, larceny felony charges
ONEIDA — A Madison County woman is accused of illegally receiving more than $2,000 in welfare benefits.
Sheriff’s deputies said Erin E. Chesebro, 34, of Oneida, received $2,100 in public assistance between February and September 2016 even though she was receiving other income. Deputies said Chesebro was required to report all earned income during that period, but failed to do so.
Chesebro is charged with one count each of fourth-degree welfare fraud and fourth-degree grand larceny, both class E felonies, deputies stated.
She is scheduled to appear in court on Jan. 24.
- 4:02pm 03/24/17State audit raises questions about Justice Center, reporting of abuse
- 4:00pm 03/24/17Madison County breweries grow after state permits expanded sales
- 4:00pm 03/24/17MVCC to offer non-credit, insurance pre-licensing training courses
- 4:00pm 03/24/17County tax deadline looms
- 4:00pm 03/24/17SUNY Poly to host career, graduate school fair for students, job seekers
- 4:00pm 03/24/17Geese waddle along Bellamy Harbor Park
- 4:00pm 03/24/17Ride for Missing recognizes help from Rome's finest
- 4:00pm 03/24/17Two drivers hospitalized after crash
- 4:00pm 03/24/17Teen-agers charged in school break-in
- 4:00pm 03/24/17Public Safety Logs — March 24, 2017