Erin E. Chesebro
Woman faces welfare fraud, larceny felony charges
ONEIDA — A Madison County woman is accused of illegally receiving more than $2,000 in welfare benefits.
Sheriff’s deputies said Erin E. Chesebro, 34, of Oneida, received $2,100 in public assistance between February and September 2016 even though she was receiving other income. Deputies said Chesebro was required to report all earned income during that period, but failed to do so.
Chesebro is charged with one count each of fourth-degree welfare fraud and fourth-degree grand larceny, both class E felonies, deputies stated.
She is scheduled to appear in court on Jan. 24.
- 4:21pm 01/20/18Festival fills Friday night with music
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Oneida celebrates National School Choice Week
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Enthusiastic response for robots demonstration at BOE meeting
- 4:00pm 01/20/18MWPAI adds trustees to board
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Bartell Machinery Systems receives pair of awards
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Lawrence named to GLDC board
- 4:00pm 01/20/18BOCES offers continuing education classes
- 4:00pm 01/20/18No cause yet in fatal fire
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Board approves Oneida lacrosse request, retirement extension
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Land trust group voices concerns over proposed wind energy facility