Erin E. Chesebro
Woman faces welfare fraud, larceny felony charges
ONEIDA — A Madison County woman is accused of illegally receiving more than $2,000 in welfare benefits.
Sheriff’s deputies said Erin E. Chesebro, 34, of Oneida, received $2,100 in public assistance between February and September 2016 even though she was receiving other income. Deputies said Chesebro was required to report all earned income during that period, but failed to do so.
Chesebro is charged with one count each of fourth-degree welfare fraud and fourth-degree grand larceny, both class E felonies, deputies stated.
She is scheduled to appear in court on Jan. 24.
- 4:10pm 11/18/17Pendorf, Blackall honored for contributions to Rome’s historical preservation
- 4:00pm 11/18/17BOE approves overseas trip; mulls association expense
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Oneida Common Council reviews 2018 budget with water, police departments
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Gift sign-ups start Nov. 27 at rescue mission
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Steuben justice resigns following private investigation
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Public Safety Logs — Nov. 18, 2017
- 4:00pm 11/18/17‘Stuff the Bus’ kicks-off today
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Meetings — Monday, Nov. 20
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Genius NY names 16 semifinalists
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Syracuse man charged with DUI in two-vehicle Verona crash