Erin E. Chesebro
Woman faces welfare fraud, larceny felony charges
ONEIDA — A Madison County woman is accused of illegally receiving more than $2,000 in welfare benefits.
Sheriff’s deputies said Erin E. Chesebro, 34, of Oneida, received $2,100 in public assistance between February and September 2016 even though she was receiving other income. Deputies said Chesebro was required to report all earned income during that period, but failed to do so.
Chesebro is charged with one count each of fourth-degree welfare fraud and fourth-degree grand larceny, both class E felonies, deputies stated.
She is scheduled to appear in court on Jan. 24.
- 4:00pm 06/22/17District in high gear for commencement ceremony
- 4:00pm 06/22/17Man charged with attempted murder in Utica shooting
- 4:00pm 06/22/17Police probe burglaries in Oriskany
- 4:00pm 06/22/17Lee reminds residents of lawn-watering restrictions
- 4:00pm 06/22/17Unemployment rate rises in region
- 4:00pm 06/22/17Super’s evaluation topic of board meeting tonight
- 4:00pm 06/22/17Rome Art Association awards scholarships
- 4:00pm 06/22/17Work on Bridgeport casino continues ahead of schedule
- 4:00pm 06/22/17U.S. attorney for area steps down
- 4:00pm 06/22/17Ava Town Board to hold special meeting