Erin E. Chesebro
Woman faces welfare fraud, larceny felony charges
ONEIDA — A Madison County woman is accused of illegally receiving more than $2,000 in welfare benefits.
Sheriff’s deputies said Erin E. Chesebro, 34, of Oneida, received $2,100 in public assistance between February and September 2016 even though she was receiving other income. Deputies said Chesebro was required to report all earned income during that period, but failed to do so.
Chesebro is charged with one count each of fourth-degree welfare fraud and fourth-degree grand larceny, both class E felonies, deputies stated.
She is scheduled to appear in court on Jan. 24.
- 4:10pm 02/21/17Brindisi wants to discard STAR change
- 4:00pm 02/21/1724 Rome students in grades K-4 receive charactership awards
- 4:00pm 02/21/17Common Council to mull pair of property sales
- 4:00pm 02/21/17Veterans group eyes Madison House in Oneida as headquarters
- 4:00pm 02/21/17Rome, Utica hospitals’ visitor restrictions remain in place
- 4:00pm 02/21/17White male wanted in Price Chopper theft
- 4:00pm 02/21/17Car accidents leave one dead in Remsen
- 4:00pm 02/21/17Mini-golf at Jervis Library
- 4:00pm 02/21/17Winter washings
- 4:00pm 02/21/17Annual Boonville Snow Festival canceled