Erin E. Chesebro
Woman faces welfare fraud, larceny felony charges
ONEIDA — A Madison County woman is accused of illegally receiving more than $2,000 in welfare benefits.
Sheriff’s deputies said Erin E. Chesebro, 34, of Oneida, received $2,100 in public assistance between February and September 2016 even though she was receiving other income. Deputies said Chesebro was required to report all earned income during that period, but failed to do so.
Chesebro is charged with one count each of fourth-degree welfare fraud and fourth-degree grand larceny, both class E felonies, deputies stated.
She is scheduled to appear in court on Jan. 24.
- 4:00pm 07/22/17Meetings — July 24, 2017
- 4:00pm 07/22/17Oneida County lauded for technology initiatives
- 4:00pm 07/22/17Joy boiler issue nearing ‘middle-ground solution’
- 4:00pm 07/22/17Food Truck Rally slated for Monday
- 4:00pm 07/22/17Rotary Club sets 15th annual Canalfest for Aug. 3-5 at Bellamy Harbor Park
- 4:00pm 07/22/17Acting Madison County sheriff seeks offical post
- 4:00pm 07/22/17Office for Aging to distribute senior farmers market coupons
- 4:00pm 07/22/17Delft Blue to stop local production, 83 jobs will be cut
- 4:00pm 07/22/17Erie Canal bicentennial honored
- 4:00pm 07/22/17Earns bachelor’s degree