Erin E. Chesebro
Woman faces welfare fraud, larceny felony charges
ONEIDA — A Madison County woman is accused of illegally receiving more than $2,000 in welfare benefits.
Sheriff’s deputies said Erin E. Chesebro, 34, of Oneida, received $2,100 in public assistance between February and September 2016 even though she was receiving other income. Deputies said Chesebro was required to report all earned income during that period, but failed to do so.
Chesebro is charged with one count each of fourth-degree welfare fraud and fourth-degree grand larceny, both class E felonies, deputies stated.
She is scheduled to appear in court on Jan. 24.
- 4:10pm 09/19/17Rome Catholic off to divine start
- 4:00pm 09/19/17Vernon landmark goes on the market
- 4:00pm 09/19/17Oneida-Herkimer-Madison BOCES receives honor
- 4:00pm 09/19/17Taking advantage of the good weather
- 4:00pm 09/19/17Ombudsmen needed for long-term care program
- 4:00pm 09/19/17Veterans mental health forum focus
- 4:00pm 09/19/17Utica man charged after daytime shooting
- 4:00pm 09/19/17Barneveld crash sends four to hospital
- 4:00pm 09/19/17Family Court judge hopeful gains ballot line
- 4:00pm 09/19/17Meetings — Wednesday, Sept. 20, 2017