Woman faces meth charges after drug raid at residence
TOWN OF DIANA — A Lewis County woman is accused of cooking methamphetamine at her residence despite two
previous meth-related drug raids at the same residence, according to Sheriff’s Department
Sheriff’s deputies said Lindsey L. Babcock, 33, of 6337 Old State Road, Natural Bridge, was taken into custody during a drug raid at her residence on Monday.
The law enforcers said they located multiple components used to cook meth at the residence and on the surrounding property, along with a small amount of finished meth in the kitchen.
Deputies said this was the third such drug raid at this property, and that Babcock was out on a bail bond after being arrested and charged in the first two raids.
Babcock has now been charged with one count each of third-degree unlawfully manufacturing meth, seventh-degree possession of a controlled substance and endangering the welfare of a child, authorities said.
She was arraigned in court and was sent to county jail in lieu of $15,000 cash bail or $30,000 bond, the law enforcement officials added.
The state police assisted in the investigation and raid.
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Demo begins at DeWitt Clinton site
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Copperccino’s open for business
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Budget approved in Lee; speed study requested
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Area teachers honored by Genesis Group at celebration
- 4:00pm 11/14/18ReStore seeks decoration donations
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Cemetery to place wreaths on vets graves
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Rotary Club seeks host families
- 4:00pm 11/14/18VVS team earns awards at science museum event in Syracuse
- 4:00pm 11/14/18State to help fund bridge rehabs in region
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Solid Waste Authority recognizes America Recycles Day