Woman faces drunk driving charge after accident in Lewis County
TOWN OF LOWVILLE — A Wayne County woman registered a blood alcohol content of nearly twice the legal limit after an accident in Lewis County shortly after midnight this morning.
Sheriff’s deputies said several people called 9-1-1 to complain of an erratic driver on Route 177 shortly after midnight. Deputies responded and found the vehicle swerving across the center line.
When they pulled the vehicle over, deputies said the car struck the side of the Mill Creek Bridge on Route 12 before coming to a complete stop.
Wendy A. Galutia, 48, of 7972 Caywood Road, Red Creek, registered a BAC of 0.15 percent, nearly twice the legal threshold of 0.08 percent, authorities said.
Two open bottles of wine were also found in the vehicle, deputies stated.
Galutia is charged with one count each of driving while intoxicated, driving with a blood alcohol content of 0.08 percent or greater, open container in a vehicle and for driving over pavement markings, authorities said.
She was released on appearance tickets to Town Court at a later date, the law enforcement officials added.
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Zoning dispute becomes heated in Lee
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Trucker pleads guilty to lying to state in Workers’ Comp case
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Rome Police nab wanted man
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Area officials blast Cuomo comment
- 4:00pm 08/16/18City seeks applicants for arena work
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Community Foundation awards over $1.4M in grants to area organizations
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Movies — Aug. 16, 2018
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Public Safety Logs — Aug. 16, 2018
- 12:00pm 08/16/18District outlines new school supplies decision
- 4:00pm 08/15/18Only few small hurdles remain for Strough reopening