Woman charged with slashing man during dispute
A 49-year-old woman is accused of slashing a man in the hand with a butcher’s knife during an argument on North Washington Street very early this morning.
Police said Tammy Drake, of 406 N. Washington St., was in an argument with a man at her residence at about 2 a.m. today. Police said Drake started smashing property inside the residence, including a fish tank.
Police said Drake picked up a knife in the kitchen and swung it at the man, who attempted to block the attack with his arms and got slashed in the left hand. The victim was then able to disarm Drake. She is charged with one count each of third-degree assault and fourth-degree mischief, police stated. She is scheduled to appear in City Court.
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Demo begins at DeWitt Clinton site
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Copperccino’s open for business
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Budget approved in Lee; speed study requested
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Area teachers honored by Genesis Group at celebration
- 4:00pm 11/14/18ReStore seeks decoration donations
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Cemetery to place wreaths on vets graves
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Rotary Club seeks host families
- 4:00pm 11/14/18VVS team earns awards at science museum event in Syracuse
- 4:00pm 11/14/18State to help fund bridge rehabs in region
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Solid Waste Authority recognizes America Recycles Day