Woman accused of swiping cigarettes
A 35-year-old woman has been charged with stealing a pack of cigarettes from the Byrne Dairy on North James Street.
Police said Sadie M. Novak, of Turin Street, swiped a pack of cigarettes and a lighter from the counter at Byrne Dairy on Dec. 1, 2017.
Following an investigation, Novak was taken into custody on Jan. 1 by Police Officer Alexzandra Carletta.
Novak is charged with one count of petty larceny, police stated. She was released on an appearance ticket for City Court for Jan. 17.
- 12:00pm 01/18/18Car collides with bus; students unhurt
- 12:00pm 01/18/18Bullet found on Oneida district bus
- 4:10pm 01/17/18AIS awarded $48M Air Force contract
- 4:01pm 01/17/18Committee meets to refine plans for $10M downtown initiative
- 4:00pm 01/17/18Man charged with rape in case of missing teen
- 4:00pm 01/17/18Aid mixed for schools
- 4:00pm 01/17/18RFA to host Show Choir Festival on Friday
- 4:00pm 01/17/18Contract, coach on board agenda
- 4:00pm 01/17/18Proposed school aid figures for area districts
- 4:00pm 01/17/18Retooling Rome seeks public input