Woman accused of swiping cigarettes
A 35-year-old woman has been charged with stealing a pack of cigarettes from the Byrne Dairy on North James Street.
Police said Sadie M. Novak, of Turin Street, swiped a pack of cigarettes and a lighter from the counter at Byrne Dairy on Dec. 1, 2017.
Following an investigation, Novak was taken into custody on Jan. 1 by Police Officer Alexzandra Carletta.
Novak is charged with one count of petty larceny, police stated. She was released on an appearance ticket for City Court for Jan. 17.
- 4:01pm 09/21/18High time for pot talks?
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Pair charged after 51 meth pots seized in Madison County drug raid
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Pair named Officers of the Month for presidential preparations
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Three charged in hit and run accident in city Thursday
- 4:00pm 09/21/18State sends letters to schools to warn of opioid dangers
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Valesky concedes primary but remains on November ballot
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Fort super to receive Medal of the Order of 1777
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Jervis joins National Voter Registration Day efforts
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Movies — Sept. 21, 2018
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Public Safety Logs — Sept. 21, 2018