Heather L. Leigh
Woman accused of robbing Dollar Tree, punching manager
Accused of stealing cleaning supplies from the Dollar Tree, a 35-year-old woman has been charged with felony robbery after law enforcers said she punched the store manager on her way out, according to local law enforcers.
Police said Heather L. Leigh, of 804 W. Embargo St., tried to steal a few bottles of cleaning liquids from the Dollar Tree in Freedom Plaza at about 1:30 p.m. Wednesday. In a statement she gave to police, Leigh said, “I needed to get a few things for the house.”
On her way out of the store, police said the manager confronted Leigh and Leigh punched the manager — which raises the crime from larceny to robbery.
Leigh is charged with one count of third-degree robbery, a class D felony, police said.
She was held in lockup to await arraignment today in City Court.
- 4:00pm 10/15/18Owner ticketed for leaving dog in locked vehicle
- 4:00pm 10/15/18Police accuse Utica woman of switching tags at Walmart
- 4:00pm 10/15/18Crash sends three to hospital
- 4:00pm 10/15/18Rome Community Theater to present six one-act plays
- 4:00pm 10/15/18Pair face drug, additional charges
- 4:00pm 10/15/18Board of Ed approves disciplinary pact for district, teacher
- 4:00pm 10/15/18Verona ladies auxiliary to host craft show
- 4:00pm 10/15/18Community Bank N.A. supports Oneida Performing Arts
- 4:00pm 10/15/18Meetings — Tuesday, Oct. 16, 2018
- 4:00pm 10/15/18New hours for church Clothing Closet