Heather L. Leigh
Woman accused of robbing Dollar Tree, punching manager
Accused of stealing cleaning supplies from the Dollar Tree, a 35-year-old woman has been charged with felony robbery after law enforcers said she punched the store manager on her way out, according to local law enforcers.
Police said Heather L. Leigh, of 804 W. Embargo St., tried to steal a few bottles of cleaning liquids from the Dollar Tree in Freedom Plaza at about 1:30 p.m. Wednesday. In a statement she gave to police, Leigh said, “I needed to get a few things for the house.”
On her way out of the store, police said the manager confronted Leigh and Leigh punched the manager — which raises the crime from larceny to robbery.
Leigh is charged with one count of third-degree robbery, a class D felony, police said.
She was held in lockup to await arraignment today in City Court.
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Second dairy forum Monday evening at CCE in Oriskany
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Joy teacher resigns, letter notes school district failings
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Video game player returns from Las Vegas competition
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Capitol Theatre to host Tuba Christmas on Tuesday
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Bank, Foundation to give $250,000 to aid cancer center
- 4:00pm 12/08/18School district occupational therapist resigns
- 4:00pm 12/08/18RFA to host Wreaths Across America event
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Madison County man charged with larceny, welfare fraud
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Vandal targeting vehicles, houses in Madison County
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Five accused of selling smokes to minors in sting