Woman accused in stabbing
A 20-year-old Utica woman is accused of stabbing another woman multiple times in the head and body Monday night.
Police said Michelle M. Talarczyk stabbed another woman several times during a fight at a residence on Jason Street at about 11 p.m. Monday. Jason Street is a side street located on the city’s west side, connecting Oriskany and Whitesboro streets.
Police located the victim at the scene with multiple stab wounds, and she was treated at St. Elizabeth Medical Center. Police said her injuries were not life-threatening.
Talarczyk was then located at a nearby residence and was taken into custody, authorities said.
Talarczyk is charged with one count each of second-degree assault, a class D felony, and criminal possession of a weapon, a misdemeanor, police said. She is scheduled to appear in City Court.
- 4:00pm 08/18/18RACC wraps up Artletics program
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Former Roman named president of state Funeral Directors Association
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Public hearing on tax levy in Oneida on Tuesday
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Planet Fitness in Rome to completely modernize and remodel
- 4:00pm 08/18/18RPD holds Kops 4 Kids cookout
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Firemen's Field named after Prosser
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Adirondack Scenic Railroad launches rail bike excursions
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Madison County deputies probe fatal crash
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Crash sends three to hospital as driver tries to avoid deer
- 4:00pm 08/18/18AmeriCU honored with award