Woman accused in stabbing
A 20-year-old Utica woman is accused of stabbing another woman multiple times in the head and body Monday night.
Police said Michelle M. Talarczyk stabbed another woman several times during a fight at a residence on Jason Street at about 11 p.m. Monday. Jason Street is a side street located on the city’s west side, connecting Oriskany and Whitesboro streets.
Police located the victim at the scene with multiple stab wounds, and she was treated at St. Elizabeth Medical Center. Police said her injuries were not life-threatening.
Talarczyk was then located at a nearby residence and was taken into custody, authorities said.
Talarczyk is charged with one count each of second-degree assault, a class D felony, and criminal possession of a weapon, a misdemeanor, police said. She is scheduled to appear in City Court.
- 4:10pm 05/21/18Alion to consolidate its Rome operations
- 4:00pm 05/21/18Jervis Library to host Recycling Day
- 4:00pm 05/21/18Rome Community Concert Band and Alliance Classical Players to receive $2,000 in state funding
- 4:00pm 05/21/18Council to mull rebate for property owners replacing sidewalks
- 4:00pm 05/21/18Pair busted for cocaine during traffic stop
- 4:00pm 05/21/18No. 10 on Oneida County Sheriff’s Ten Most Wanted List captured
- 4:00pm 05/21/18Hazardous materials investigation at Mohawk Correctional Facility leads to heroin arrest
- 4:00pm 05/21/1845-year-old woman latest Warrant of the Week
- 4:00pm 05/21/18Bailey's Karate School holds Black Belt Spectacular
- 4:00pm 05/21/18Dairy Farmer Forum slated for Wednesday