Woman accused in stabbing
A 20-year-old Utica woman is accused of stabbing another woman multiple times in the head and body Monday night.
Police said Michelle M. Talarczyk stabbed another woman several times during a fight at a residence on Jason Street at about 11 p.m. Monday. Jason Street is a side street located on the city’s west side, connecting Oriskany and Whitesboro streets.
Police located the victim at the scene with multiple stab wounds, and she was treated at St. Elizabeth Medical Center. Police said her injuries were not life-threatening.
Talarczyk was then located at a nearby residence and was taken into custody, authorities said.
Talarczyk is charged with one count each of second-degree assault, a class D felony, and criminal possession of a weapon, a misdemeanor, police said. She is scheduled to appear in City Court.
- 4:00pm 11/15/18City's Board of Estimate to hold special meeting
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Board, groups meet to discuss minority concerns
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Flakes to fly; several inches of snow likely
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Oneida County lawmakers approve budget without gaming revenue sharing
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Nursing facility donates to Rescue Mission
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Rescue Mission puts out call for turkeys
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Lewis County man hospitalized after rescuing dogs from fire
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Council approves trash, dog ordinance changes
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Trailbusters to host NYS safety course
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Children can send Christmas wishes to Santa Claus