Woman accused in stabbing
A 20-year-old Utica woman is accused of stabbing another woman multiple times in the head and body Monday night.
Police said Michelle M. Talarczyk stabbed another woman several times during a fight at a residence on Jason Street at about 11 p.m. Monday. Jason Street is a side street located on the city’s west side, connecting Oriskany and Whitesboro streets.
Police located the victim at the scene with multiple stab wounds, and she was treated at St. Elizabeth Medical Center. Police said her injuries were not life-threatening.
Talarczyk was then located at a nearby residence and was taken into custody, authorities said.
Talarczyk is charged with one count each of second-degree assault, a class D felony, and criminal possession of a weapon, a misdemeanor, police said. She is scheduled to appear in City Court.
- 4:10pm 02/17/18Jervis Public Library acknowledges fourth quarter donations, gifts
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Students honored for demonstrating outstanding character
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Rome district to begin Pre-K registration Feb. 26
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Meetings — Monday, Feb. 19, 2018
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Man gets 90 months in prison in child porn case
- 4:00pm 02/17/18DWI charge in Lowville crash
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Public Safety Logs — Feb. 17, 2018
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Movies — Feb. 17, 2018
- 12:00pm 02/17/18Attendance more than doubles at Verona Beach State Park, officials report
- 11:30am 02/17/18New York offers free fishing weekend and ice fishing clinic