Whitesboro orders evacuations due to flooding
VILLAGE OF WHITESBORO — Due to heavy rains and flooding around the Sauquoit Creek, the Oneida County Department of Emergency Services issued an evacuation warning to residents in the Village of Whitesboro this morning.
Officials ordered evacuations in the areas surrounding the Creek, specifically Gardner Street, Davis Avenue, Ellis Avenue, Ablett Avenue, Ellmore Drive, Dunham Place, Wind Place and Sauquoit Street. The order was placed at around 10 a.m.
Rescue crews from multiple fire departments were also placed on alert to assist any evacuees who were having trouble getting out. The Oriskany swift water rescue team was dispatched to assist several residents off of flooded porches.
A shelter was put in place at the Whitesboro Fire Station on Oriskany Boulevard.
- 5:45pm 03/20/18Pair of witnesses testify they didn't see shooting in Coffin trial
- 4:10pm 03/20/18New projects highlight Jervis Public Library annual report
- 4:00pm 03/20/18Staley student Recchio qualifies for national archery tournament
- 4:00pm 03/20/18Former member Favata questions school board
- 4:00pm 03/20/18Final public briefing for DRI Thursday
- 4:00pm 03/20/18The Big Cheese named business of the month
- 4:00pm 03/20/18Tractor Supply Co. to host Horse Health & Feed
- 4:00pm 03/20/18SBDC Day to be observed Wednesday
- 4:00pm 03/20/18BOCES offers open house, college fair Wednesday
- 4:00pm 03/20/18Griffiss, Cyber Research institutes to present workshop Thursday