Whitesboro orders evacuations due to flooding
VILLAGE OF WHITESBORO — Due to heavy rains and flooding around the Sauquoit Creek, the Oneida County Department of Emergency Services issued an evacuation warning to residents in the Village of Whitesboro this morning.
Officials ordered evacuations in the areas surrounding the Creek, specifically Gardner Street, Davis Avenue, Ellis Avenue, Ablett Avenue, Ellmore Drive, Dunham Place, Wind Place and Sauquoit Street. The order was placed at around 10 a.m.
Rescue crews from multiple fire departments were also placed on alert to assist any evacuees who were having trouble getting out. The Oriskany swift water rescue team was dispatched to assist several residents off of flooded porches.
A shelter was put in place at the Whitesboro Fire Station on Oriskany Boulevard.
- 4:21pm 01/20/18Festival fills Friday night with music
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Oneida celebrates National School Choice Week
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Enthusiastic response for robots demonstration at BOE meeting
- 4:00pm 01/20/18MWPAI adds trustees to board
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Bartell Machinery Systems receives pair of awards
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Lawrence named to GLDC board
- 4:00pm 01/20/18BOCES offers continuing education classes
- 4:00pm 01/20/18No cause yet in fatal fire
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Board approves Oneida lacrosse request, retirement extension
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Land trust group voices concerns over proposed wind energy facility