Whitesboro orders evacuations due to flooding
VILLAGE OF WHITESBORO — Due to heavy rains and flooding around the Sauquoit Creek, the Oneida County Department of Emergency Services issued an evacuation warning to residents in the Village of Whitesboro this morning.
Officials ordered evacuations in the areas surrounding the Creek, specifically Gardner Street, Davis Avenue, Ellis Avenue, Ablett Avenue, Ellmore Drive, Dunham Place, Wind Place and Sauquoit Street. The order was placed at around 10 a.m.
Rescue crews from multiple fire departments were also placed on alert to assist any evacuees who were having trouble getting out. The Oriskany swift water rescue team was dispatched to assist several residents off of flooded porches.
A shelter was put in place at the Whitesboro Fire Station on Oriskany Boulevard.
- 4:00pm 11/15/18City's Board of Estimate to hold special meeting
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Board, groups meet to discuss minority concerns
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Flakes to fly; several inches of snow likely
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Oneida County lawmakers approve budget without gaming revenue sharing
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Nursing facility donates to Rescue Mission
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Rescue Mission puts out call for turkeys
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Lewis County man hospitalized after rescuing dogs from fire
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Council approves trash, dog ordinance changes
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Trailbusters to host NYS safety course
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Children can send Christmas wishes to Santa Claus