Whitesboro orders evacuations due to flooding
VILLAGE OF WHITESBORO — Due to heavy rains and flooding around the Sauquoit Creek, the Oneida County Department of Emergency Services issued an evacuation warning to residents in the Village of Whitesboro this morning.
Officials ordered evacuations in the areas surrounding the Creek, specifically Gardner Street, Davis Avenue, Ellis Avenue, Ablett Avenue, Ellmore Drive, Dunham Place, Wind Place and Sauquoit Street. The order was placed at around 10 a.m.
Rescue crews from multiple fire departments were also placed on alert to assist any evacuees who were having trouble getting out. The Oriskany swift water rescue team was dispatched to assist several residents off of flooded porches.
A shelter was put in place at the Whitesboro Fire Station on Oriskany Boulevard.
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Super is effective, board reports
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Golf tournament, donations aid local teams
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Utica Housing Authority to host workshop for seniors
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Contractor gets support for move to new location in Whitestown
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Two accused of fraud
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Teacher in court for pre-trial hearing
- 4:00pm 09/22/18SUNY Poly receives grant to study blindness from foundation
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Accident snarls traffic at city intersection
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Water main flushing to start Tuesday in Oneida, say officals
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Meetings — Monday, Sept. 24, 2018