Whitesboro orders evacuations due to flooding
VILLAGE OF WHITESBORO — Due to heavy rains and flooding around the Sauquoit Creek, the Oneida County Department of Emergency Services issued an evacuation warning to residents in the Village of Whitesboro this morning.
Officials ordered evacuations in the areas surrounding the Creek, specifically Gardner Street, Davis Avenue, Ellis Avenue, Ablett Avenue, Ellmore Drive, Dunham Place, Wind Place and Sauquoit Street. The order was placed at around 10 a.m.
Rescue crews from multiple fire departments were also placed on alert to assist any evacuees who were having trouble getting out. The Oriskany swift water rescue team was dispatched to assist several residents off of flooded porches.
A shelter was put in place at the Whitesboro Fire Station on Oriskany Boulevard.
- 12:00pm 07/16/18Blaze displaces three in Western
- 4:10pm 07/14/18Yorkville resident receives Liberty Medal
- 4:00pm 07/14/18Over 1,000 youngsters participate in county’s annual Sidewalk Art Contest
- 4:00pm 07/14/18IDA approves three actions for project at former Rome Cable
- 4:00pm 07/14/18Music teacher position added at BOE meeting
- 4:00pm 07/14/18Oneida to hold groundbreaking ceremony for railway redevelopment
- 4:00pm 07/14/18DiNapoli mentions Rome, Utica demographics in report
- 4:00pm 07/14/18Boy in critical condition after BB gun game
- 4:00pm 07/14/18Public Safety Logs — July 14, 2018
- 4:00pm 07/14/18Sherrill to host concert series, balloon walk