Verona man charged with menacing
TOWN OF VERONA — A 52-year-old man has been charged with menacing following a possible overnight stand-off on Broad Street.
State police said Brian A. Hinton, of 5333 Broad St., was taken into custody shortly before 6 a.m. today on a charge of second-degree menacing, a misdemeanor. Broad Street is located in the Hamlet of Durhamville, branching off Main Street. A heavy police presence was reported on Broad Street throughout the night.
According to state police, the incident began shortly after 7 p.m. on Thursday. Details of the incident have not yet been released.
Calls to state police seeking more information this morning were not returned.
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Clerk gets some backing from lawmakers at budget hearing
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Blood recipients winners in ‘Battle of the Badges’
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Economic panel to hold outreach meeting Oct. 25
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Rome-Area Hunger Walk steps off Sunday
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Drugged driving charged in Lewis County
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Take Back the Night Thursday at City Hall
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Syracuse Stage visits Joy Elementary
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Meetings — Thursday, Oct. 17, 2018
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Madison County man accused of welfare fraud
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Colonial Park to host tribute for its veterans