Utican, 84, charged with possession of child pornography
An 84-year-old Utica man was taken into custody Tuesday for possessing kiddie porn on his computer, according to local law enforcement investigators.
David F. Talman was charged after law enforcement officers raided his residence in Utica with a search warrant Tuesday morning, according to the county Child Advocacy Center.
Talman was found with a quantity of child pornography in his residence, the CAC investigators said.
CAC officials said they received a tip from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, which tracked Talman’s computer IP address after he uploaded kiddie porn to the Internet.
Talman is charged with multiple counts of possessing a sexual performance by a child, a felony, authorities said.
He was released on an appearance ticket to City Court, the law enforcers added.
- 4:10pm 08/23/17Victim hailed as ‘loving,’ helping others
- 4:00pm 08/23/17Preschool story hour starts Sept. 11 in Remsen
- 4:00pm 08/23/17Rome man charged with rape of girl
- 4:00pm 08/23/17Rome school district sets 2017-18 tax rates
- 4:00pm 08/23/17Carbone group seeks incentives for collision, fleet sales center
- 4:00pm 08/23/17Final concert in series Monday
- 4:00pm 08/23/17Volunteers sought for flag repair
- 4:00pm 08/23/17Library to host book sale in Sherrill
- 4:00pm 08/23/17Meetings — Thursday, Aug. 24, 2017
- 4:00pm 08/23/17RFA Class of 1952 holds reunion