Utican, 84, charged with possession of child pornography
An 84-year-old Utica man was taken into custody Tuesday for possessing kiddie porn on his computer, according to local law enforcement investigators.
David F. Talman was charged after law enforcement officers raided his residence in Utica with a search warrant Tuesday morning, according to the county Child Advocacy Center.
Talman was found with a quantity of child pornography in his residence, the CAC investigators said.
CAC officials said they received a tip from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, which tracked Talman’s computer IP address after he uploaded kiddie porn to the Internet.
Talman is charged with multiple counts of possessing a sexual performance by a child, a felony, authorities said.
He was released on an appearance ticket to City Court, the law enforcers added.
- 4:10pm 02/17/18Jervis Public Library acknowledges fourth quarter donations, gifts
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Students honored for demonstrating outstanding character
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Rome district to begin Pre-K registration Feb. 26
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Meetings — Monday, Feb. 19, 2018
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Man gets 90 months in prison in child porn case
- 4:00pm 02/17/18DWI charge in Lowville crash
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Public Safety Logs — Feb. 17, 2018
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Movies — Feb. 17, 2018
- 12:00pm 02/17/18Attendance more than doubles at Verona Beach State Park, officials report
- 11:30am 02/17/18New York offers free fishing weekend and ice fishing clinic