Utican, 84, charged with possession of child pornography
An 84-year-old Utica man was taken into custody Tuesday for possessing kiddie porn on his computer, according to local law enforcement investigators.
David F. Talman was charged after law enforcement officers raided his residence in Utica with a search warrant Tuesday morning, according to the county Child Advocacy Center.
Talman was found with a quantity of child pornography in his residence, the CAC investigators said.
CAC officials said they received a tip from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, which tracked Talman’s computer IP address after he uploaded kiddie porn to the Internet.
Talman is charged with multiple counts of possessing a sexual performance by a child, a felony, authorities said.
He was released on an appearance ticket to City Court, the law enforcers added.
- 4:10pm 04/26/18Three to run for three seats on Board of Education
- 4:00pm 04/26/18Cuomo, ICE trade barbs over raids by federal agents
- 4:00pm 04/26/18Brindisi calls for investigations into Sprectrum cable TV, internet price hikes
- 4:00pm 04/26/18City of Rome renews beautification deal with Main Streets Alliance
- 4:00pm 04/26/18City adds $450K to UV plant contract
- 4:00pm 04/26/18Food Bank laments proposed SNAP cuts in Farm Bill
- 4:00pm 04/26/18Toddler Story Time at Jervis Public Library
- 4:00pm 04/26/18Family Fun Day scheduled at Rome campus
- 4:00pm 04/26/18Park Rx Day bike tour Sunday at Fort Stanwix
- 4:00pm 04/26/18Rome Tractor Supply to hold pet adoption event Saturday