Utica teen accused of raping child
A Utica teenager is accused of having sex with a child under the age of 11, according to local law enforcers.
Christian Nichols, 16, had sex with a child under the age of 11 in the City of Utica, Detective Edwin A. D’Alessandro of
the county Child Advocacy
Nichols was taken into custody on one count of felony first-degree rape, the CAC detective added.
Nichols was arraigned in City Court and was sent to county jail in lieu of bail, officials said.
He is scheduled to reappear in court.
The victim has been offered counseling through the CAC.
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Charged in Sunoco robbery
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Rome school district honored with Best Communities for Music Education designation
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Seasonal Sports to replace damaged sign at Bobby Page Memorial Fields
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Fire destroys garage in Lee Center
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Utica College student accused of threats offered plea deal
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Utica College to hold special ed open house Wednesday
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Rome Clean and Green to participate for 20th year in Keep America Beautiful Great American Clean Up
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Local jobless rate falls
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Holland Patent receives school safety award
- 4:00pm 04/20/18SUNY Poly to host Mohawk Valley Mini Maker Faire