Utica teen accused of raping child
A Utica teenager is accused of having sex with a child under the age of 11, according to local law enforcers.
Christian Nichols, 16, had sex with a child under the age of 11 in the City of Utica, Detective Edwin A. D’Alessandro of
the county Child Advocacy
Nichols was taken into custody on one count of felony first-degree rape, the CAC detective added.
Nichols was arraigned in City Court and was sent to county jail in lieu of bail, officials said.
He is scheduled to reappear in court.
The victim has been offered counseling through the CAC.
- 4:10pm 08/17/17Oriskany mourns loss of educator, board president
- 4:00pm 08/17/17DiMarco failed to list city income
- 4:00pm 08/17/17Governor announces next round of state’s Restore NY program
- 4:00pm 08/17/17Roof work underway at Oneida County Courthouse in Rome
- 4:00pm 08/17/17Vernon woman charged with threatening man with knife
- 4:00pm 08/17/17Troopers say Remsen man caught on video sexually abusing young child
- 4:00pm 08/17/17Bridgewater man faces abuse, endangerment charges
- 4:00pm 08/17/17Probe into U-Haul crash continuing, police say
- 4:00pm 08/17/17Lee man arrested for pot possession
- 4:00pm 08/17/17National Conquer Chiari walk includes Rome event