Utica teen accused of raping child
A Utica teenager is accused of having sex with a child under the age of 11, according to local law enforcers.
Christian Nichols, 16, had sex with a child under the age of 11 in the City of Utica, Detective Edwin A. D’Alessandro of
the county Child Advocacy
Nichols was taken into custody on one count of felony first-degree rape, the CAC detective added.
Nichols was arraigned in City Court and was sent to county jail in lieu of bail, officials said.
He is scheduled to reappear in court.
The victim has been offered counseling through the CAC.
- 6:55pm 10/20/17Electronic paper trail focus of day five of Conley trial
- 4:10pm 10/20/17Local boy has recipe for success
- 4:00pm 10/20/17Fall foliage at or near peak in eight of state’s 11 regions
- 4:00pm 10/20/17Skunk tests positive for rabies in Marcy after fighting with dog, say officials
- 4:00pm 10/20/17Pre-trial motions address evidence, issues in Oneida murder trial
- 4:00pm 10/20/17Central New York Citizens in Action holds vigil
- 4:00pm 10/20/17Madison County streamlines pistol permit process
- 4:00pm 10/20/17Heroin forum spurs debate between rivals
- 4:00pm 10/20/17Take Back the Night event against domestic violence held in Rome
- 4:00pm 10/20/17Members hail board’s new ad hoc committee