Utica teen accused of raping child
A Utica teenager is accused of having sex with a child under the age of 11, according to local law enforcers.
Christian Nichols, 16, had sex with a child under the age of 11 in the City of Utica, Detective Edwin A. D’Alessandro of
the county Child Advocacy
Nichols was taken into custody on one count of felony first-degree rape, the CAC detective added.
Nichols was arraigned in City Court and was sent to county jail in lieu of bail, officials said.
He is scheduled to reappear in court.
The victim has been offered counseling through the CAC.
- 4:00pm 05/24/17City outlines next steps for Woodhaven
- 4:00pm 05/24/17Area officials see pain in proposed federal spending cuts
- 4:00pm 05/24/17Vietnam Veterans to be honored at luncheon Saturday at MVCC
- 4:00pm 05/24/17Area jobless rate falls slightly
- 4:00pm 05/24/17Meetings — May 25, 2017
- 4:00pm 05/24/17DWI crackdown this weekend
- 4:00pm 05/24/17With focus on expansion into U.S. marketplace, company aims to have Marcy facility online by April
- 4:00pm 05/24/17Westernville teen earns Eagle Scout designation
- 4:00pm 05/24/17Don’t throw away your shot, Hamilton grads urged
- 4:00pm 05/24/17Pair at SUNY Poly’s Marcy campus receive awards for excellence