Utica teen accused of raping child
A Utica teenager is accused of having sex with a child under the age of 11, according to local law enforcers.
Christian Nichols, 16, had sex with a child under the age of 11 in the City of Utica, Detective Edwin A. D’Alessandro of
the county Child Advocacy
Nichols was taken into custody on one count of felony first-degree rape, the CAC detective added.
Nichols was arraigned in City Court and was sent to county jail in lieu of bail, officials said.
He is scheduled to reappear in court.
The victim has been offered counseling through the CAC.
- 1:00pm 03/23/17Body of second missing swimmer is found
- 12:30pm 03/23/17Tenney leaning toward yes vote on health care bill
- 12:00pm 03/23/17Councilors OK extension for Old City Hall project
- 4:00pm 03/22/17‘School of Rock’ to take stage in Westmoreland
- 4:00pm 03/22/17Pre-K busing rolls back into school budget plan
- 4:00pm 03/22/17Pair of projects to receive incentives, tax breaks
- 4:00pm 03/22/17Incumbent first to file for school board election
- 4:00pm 03/22/17Write-in candidate wins Barneveld mayoral race by more than 2 to 1
- 4:00pm 03/22/17Clark named Officer of the Month
- 4:00pm 03/22/17Three accused of slashing tires, causing more than $250 in damages