Utica teen accused of raping child
A Utica teenager is accused of having sex with a child under the age of 11, according to local law enforcers.
Christian Nichols, 16, had sex with a child under the age of 11 in the City of Utica, Detective Edwin A. D’Alessandro of
the county Child Advocacy
Nichols was taken into custody on one count of felony first-degree rape, the CAC detective added.
Nichols was arraigned in City Court and was sent to county jail in lieu of bail, officials said.
He is scheduled to reappear in court.
The victim has been offered counseling through the CAC.
- 4:10pm 02/25/17Conover to take over as Public Works Commissioner, Schmidt moves to part-time
- 4:00pm 02/25/17Father, son charged with contraband at county jail
- 4:00pm 02/25/17Sangertown Square to get refunded $650,000 from county
- 4:00pm 02/25/17First laps of 15th annual Rome Run & Indoor Walk
- 4:00pm 02/25/17Three white male suspects identified
- 4:00pm 02/25/17Public comment on ESSA scheduled for March 16 at Madison-Oneida BOCES
- 4:00pm 02/25/17MacDougall Foundation gifts $4K to Wanderers’ Rest
- 4:00pm 02/25/17Cow put down for rabies
- 4:00pm 02/25/17Sex offender taken into custody
- 4:00pm 02/25/17Republican committee to screen candidates