Utica teen accused of raping child
A Utica teenager is accused of having sex with a child under the age of 11, according to local law enforcers.
Christian Nichols, 16, had sex with a child under the age of 11 in the City of Utica, Detective Edwin A. D’Alessandro of
the county Child Advocacy
Nichols was taken into custody on one count of felony first-degree rape, the CAC detective added.
Nichols was arraigned in City Court and was sent to county jail in lieu of bail, officials said.
He is scheduled to reappear in court.
The victim has been offered counseling through the CAC.
- 4:10pm 01/17/17Police seek help identifying theft suspect
- 4:00pm 01/17/17Lee Center fire department to update plan, fix firehouse door
- 4:00pm 01/17/172017 Madison County travel guide released
- 4:00pm 01/17/17RFA to host area schools for sixth annual Show Choir Festival on Friday
- 4:00pm 01/17/17‘Temporary fix’ enables some shows to go on at Rome Free Academy auditorium
- 4:00pm 01/17/17Interactive presentations at Joy School
- 4:00pm 01/17/17Overdose victim rescued in Augusta, deputies say
- 4:00pm 01/17/17Utica woman arrested after drug raid
- 4:00pm 01/17/17Volunteering at Loaves and Fishes
- 4:00pm 01/17/17Man accused of choking woman