Utica teen accused of raping child
A Utica teenager is accused of having sex with a child under the age of 11, according to local law enforcers.
Christian Nichols, 16, had sex with a child under the age of 11 in the City of Utica, Detective Edwin A. D’Alessandro of
the county Child Advocacy
Nichols was taken into custody on one count of felony first-degree rape, the CAC detective added.
Nichols was arraigned in City Court and was sent to county jail in lieu of bail, officials said.
He is scheduled to reappear in court.
The victim has been offered counseling through the CAC.
- 4:10pm 02/22/18Rome’s women in blue welcomed
- 4:00pm 02/22/18Congresswoman claims comment taken out of context
- 4:00pm 02/22/18Herkimer man to seek seat in 118th Assembly District
- 4:00pm 02/22/18Residents can view plans, schedule for Utica Street bridge project March 7
- 4:00pm 02/22/18Department’s newest sergeant takes helm of Juvenile Aid Division
- 4:00pm 02/22/18Picente rails at FEMA appeal denial
- 4:00pm 02/22/18Sled dogs visit Town of Western library
- 4:00pm 02/22/18Makeshift handcuff keys seized during prison investigation
- 4:00pm 02/22/18Oneida County Republican Commitee endorses Tenney for second term
- 4:00pm 02/22/18City reminds residents of grass regulation