Utica police accuse four for lewd behavior in Proctor Park
For the third time in five years, Utica Police say they have busted a group of older men engaged in lewd and lascivious behavior in a public park.
"it's been an ongoing issue with city parks," said Lt. Bryan Coromato.
"We've been getting more and more complaints, so it was time to do a detail."
Police said groups of senior-aged men get together in parks to engage in lewd and sexual behavior in public. Coromato said the regular police patrols break up these meetings when they can, but the warmer weather has led to even more activity, prompting a larger enforcement operation.
Police said they went undercover in Proctor Park and took four men into custody this week on a variety of charges.
• Yefim Ostapuk, 80, of Utica, charged with public lewdness and forcible touching.
• Frederick P. Sanguine, 72, of Frankfort, charged with exposure of a person and public lewdness.
• Robert J. Suprenant, 73, of Utica, charged with prostitution and loitering for the purpose of prostitution.
• David A. Danielski, 57, of Utica, charged with forcible touching.
All four men are scheduled to appear in City Court.
A similar bust was made last year in June at Proctor Park, and seven men — ranging in age from 49 to 83 — were taken into custody at the time. Prior to that, police busted a dozen men in Roscoe Conkling Park in June 2012, ranging in age from 47 to 77, according to law enforcement officials.
- 4:00pm 10/16/17Comedians to make stop in city to aid Rome Catholic School
- 4:00pm 10/16/17Comptroller: Many schools fall short on bullying
- 4:00pm 10/16/17Man faces multiple charges after crash
- 4:00pm 10/16/17Mad. Co. sheriff's accreditation
- 4:00pm 10/16/17Hennessy seeks larger slice of casino cash for host communities
- 4:00pm 10/16/17Westmoreland event to feature survivors, stories of resilience
- 4:00pm 10/16/17Rome PBA backs Giruzzi-Mosca in race for Family Court
- 4:00pm 10/16/17Plans for Griffiss to Syracuse drone corridor buzz forward
- 4:00pm 10/16/17Meetings — Tuesday, Oct. 17, 2017
- 4:00pm 10/16/17Indium looks to hire 30 workers; job fair Thursday in Utica