Jesse C. Brown Jr.
Utica man linked to overdose deaths, troopers say
A Utica man accused of heroin possession has been linked to several drug overdose deaths in Oneida and Herkimer counties, according to law enforcement officials.
State police said Jesse C. Brown Jr., 35, was found with 26 grams of a heroin and fentanyl mixture after a search warrant was executed at 10 Johnson Park on Friday. Fentanyl is a powerful opioid painkiller that is more potent and deadly than heroin, authorities said.
According to state police, investigators believe Brown is involved in several overdose deaths in Oneida and Herkimer counties.
Brown is charged with one count of third-degree possession of a controlled substance, troopers said. He was arraigned in Utica City Court and was sent to county jail in lieu of bail. He is scheduled to reappear in court.
Authorities said the case remains under investigation and additional charges are pending.
- 4:10pm 03/17/18Camden announces top ten scholars
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Two at EADS receive promotions
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Three earn high honors at South Lewis
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Textbooks approved by BOE in 5-2 vote
- 4:00pm 03/17/18School district redefines lease agreement to use Kost Field Complex
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Student, 11, charged in Westmoreland threat
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Pair accused of welfare fraud in Madison County
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Henry P. Smith Post hosts meeting Tuesday
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Lowville teen caught in Walmart fraud
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Utica Dollars for Scholars applications deadline approaching