Jesse C. Brown Jr.
Utica man linked to overdose deaths, troopers say
A Utica man accused of heroin possession has been linked to several drug overdose deaths in Oneida and Herkimer counties, according to law enforcement officials.
State police said Jesse C. Brown Jr., 35, was found with 26 grams of a heroin and fentanyl mixture after a search warrant was executed at 10 Johnson Park on Friday. Fentanyl is a powerful opioid painkiller that is more potent and deadly than heroin, authorities said.
According to state police, investigators believe Brown is involved in several overdose deaths in Oneida and Herkimer counties.
Brown is charged with one count of third-degree possession of a controlled substance, troopers said. He was arraigned in Utica City Court and was sent to county jail in lieu of bail. He is scheduled to reappear in court.
Authorities said the case remains under investigation and additional charges are pending.
- 4:10pm 06/22/18Three grads at NYSSD look forward to the “adventures” of the future
- 4:00pm 06/22/18RFA graduation slated for 10 a.m.
- 4:00pm 06/22/18Harden closes again
- 4:00pm 06/22/18Drivers to get view of ‘Nature’s Wrath’
- 4:00pm 06/22/18Holland Patent High School names 2018 academic leaders
- 4:00pm 06/22/18High above Rome
- 4:00pm 06/22/18Brindisi, Tenney trade barbs on federal immigration policies
- 4:00pm 06/22/18Teen accused of having sex with underage girl
- 4:00pm 06/22/18Guatemalan at center of local controversy pleads guilty
- 4:00pm 06/22/18Man pleads guilty to production of child pornography