Jesse C. Brown Jr.
Utica man linked to overdose deaths, troopers say
A Utica man accused of heroin possession has been linked to several drug overdose deaths in Oneida and Herkimer counties, according to law enforcement officials.
State police said Jesse C. Brown Jr., 35, was found with 26 grams of a heroin and fentanyl mixture after a search warrant was executed at 10 Johnson Park on Friday. Fentanyl is a powerful opioid painkiller that is more potent and deadly than heroin, authorities said.
According to state police, investigators believe Brown is involved in several overdose deaths in Oneida and Herkimer counties.
Brown is charged with one count of third-degree possession of a controlled substance, troopers said. He was arraigned in Utica City Court and was sent to county jail in lieu of bail. He is scheduled to reappear in court.
Authorities said the case remains under investigation and additional charges are pending.
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Super is effective, board reports
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Golf tournament, donations aid local teams
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Utica Housing Authority to host workshop for seniors
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Contractor gets support for move to new location in Whitestown
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Two accused of fraud
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Teacher in court for pre-trial hearing
- 4:00pm 09/22/18SUNY Poly receives grant to study blindness from foundation
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Accident snarls traffic at city intersection
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Water main flushing to start Tuesday in Oneida, say officals
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Meetings — Monday, Sept. 24, 2018