Jesse C. Brown Jr.
Utica man linked to overdose deaths, troopers say
A Utica man accused of heroin possession has been linked to several drug overdose deaths in Oneida and Herkimer counties, according to law enforcement officials.
State police said Jesse C. Brown Jr., 35, was found with 26 grams of a heroin and fentanyl mixture after a search warrant was executed at 10 Johnson Park on Friday. Fentanyl is a powerful opioid painkiller that is more potent and deadly than heroin, authorities said.
According to state police, investigators believe Brown is involved in several overdose deaths in Oneida and Herkimer counties.
Brown is charged with one count of third-degree possession of a controlled substance, troopers said. He was arraigned in Utica City Court and was sent to county jail in lieu of bail. He is scheduled to reappear in court.
Authorities said the case remains under investigation and additional charges are pending.
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Second dairy forum Monday evening at CCE in Oriskany
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Joy teacher resigns, letter notes school district failings
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Video game player returns from Las Vegas competition
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Capitol Theatre to host Tuba Christmas on Tuesday
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Bank, Foundation to give $250,000 to aid cancer center
- 4:00pm 12/08/18School district occupational therapist resigns
- 4:00pm 12/08/18RFA to host Wreaths Across America event
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Madison County man charged with larceny, welfare fraud
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Vandal targeting vehicles, houses in Madison County
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Five accused of selling smokes to minors in sting