Utica man faces charges after pointing gun at woman, police say
A Utica man is facing multiple felony charges after law enforcers said he forced his way into another person’s apartment at gunpoint.
Police said Angel M. Soto, 36, forced his way into an apartment on Scott Street at about 10 a.m. Nov. 6 and pointed a gun at the female occupant.
Police said Soto kept asking about another man who he believed lived in the apartment, but the woman told Soto that she was alone.
Police said Soto searched the apartment and fled.
When police arrived, the woman pointed them towards another residence on Scott Street where Soto fled.
Police said they surrounded the other residence and Soto was located inside with a loaded 9mm handgun.
Police said it was not Soto’s residence and was empty when he hid inside.
Soto is charged with two counts each of first-degree burglary, criminal possession of a firearm and second and third-degree possession of a weapon, all felonies, police stated.
Soto is also charged with one count each of second-degree menacing and obstruction of a governmental administration, both misdemeanors, authorities stated.
He is scheduled to appear in City Court.
- 12:00pm 06/23/18345 get diplomas at RFA commencement ceremony
- 4:10pm 06/22/18Three grads at NYSSD look forward to the “adventures” of the future
- 4:00pm 06/22/18RFA graduation slated for 10 a.m.
- 4:00pm 06/22/18Harden closes again
- 4:00pm 06/22/18Drivers to get view of ‘Nature’s Wrath’
- 4:00pm 06/22/18Holland Patent High School names 2018 academic leaders
- 4:00pm 06/22/18High above Rome
- 4:00pm 06/22/18Brindisi, Tenney trade barbs on federal immigration policies
- 4:00pm 06/22/18Teen accused of having sex with underage girl
- 4:00pm 06/22/18Guatemalan at center of local controversy pleads guilty