Utica man faces charges after pointing gun at woman, police say
A Utica man is facing multiple felony charges after law enforcers said he forced his way into another person’s apartment at gunpoint.
Police said Angel M. Soto, 36, forced his way into an apartment on Scott Street at about 10 a.m. Nov. 6 and pointed a gun at the female occupant.
Police said Soto kept asking about another man who he believed lived in the apartment, but the woman told Soto that she was alone.
Police said Soto searched the apartment and fled.
When police arrived, the woman pointed them towards another residence on Scott Street where Soto fled.
Police said they surrounded the other residence and Soto was located inside with a loaded 9mm handgun.
Police said it was not Soto’s residence and was empty when he hid inside.
Soto is charged with two counts each of first-degree burglary, criminal possession of a firearm and second and third-degree possession of a weapon, all felonies, police stated.
Soto is also charged with one count each of second-degree menacing and obstruction of a governmental administration, both misdemeanors, authorities stated.
He is scheduled to appear in City Court.
- 4:10pm 11/22/17Ribbon cut for new health care services downtown
- 4:00pm 11/22/17Gingerbread Village open at Turning Stone
- 4:00pm 11/22/17House at 426 W. Court St. demolished
- 4:00pm 11/22/17Small businesses to come together Saturday
- 4:00pm 11/22/17Army helicopters at Griffiss
- 4:00pm 11/22/17Lee waits for answers to trickle in from state on well-drilling
- 4:00pm 11/22/17Two run for one seat on Lee Board of Fire Commissioners
- 4:00pm 11/22/17Comets deliver turkeys, and good will, to local families in need
- 4:00pm 11/22/17Sherrill to host Christmas lighting contest
- 4:00pm 11/22/17Discussion on U.S.-Iran relations at Hamilton College