Utica man faces charges after pointing gun at woman, police say
A Utica man is facing multiple felony charges after law enforcers said he forced his way into another person’s apartment at gunpoint.
Police said Angel M. Soto, 36, forced his way into an apartment on Scott Street at about 10 a.m. Nov. 6 and pointed a gun at the female occupant.
Police said Soto kept asking about another man who he believed lived in the apartment, but the woman told Soto that she was alone.
Police said Soto searched the apartment and fled.
When police arrived, the woman pointed them towards another residence on Scott Street where Soto fled.
Police said they surrounded the other residence and Soto was located inside with a loaded 9mm handgun.
Police said it was not Soto’s residence and was empty when he hid inside.
Soto is charged with two counts each of first-degree burglary, criminal possession of a firearm and second and third-degree possession of a weapon, all felonies, police stated.
Soto is also charged with one count each of second-degree menacing and obstruction of a governmental administration, both misdemeanors, authorities stated.
He is scheduled to appear in City Court.
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Super is effective, board reports
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Golf tournament, donations aid local teams
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Utica Housing Authority to host workshop for seniors
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Contractor gets support for move to new location in Whitestown
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Two accused of fraud
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Teacher in court for pre-trial hearing
- 4:00pm 09/22/18SUNY Poly receives grant to study blindness from foundation
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Accident snarls traffic at city intersection
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Water main flushing to start Tuesday in Oneida, say officals
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Meetings — Monday, Sept. 24, 2018