Utica man faces charges after pointing gun at woman, police say
A Utica man is facing multiple felony charges after law enforcers said he forced his way into another person’s apartment at gunpoint.
Police said Angel M. Soto, 36, forced his way into an apartment on Scott Street at about 10 a.m. Nov. 6 and pointed a gun at the female occupant.
Police said Soto kept asking about another man who he believed lived in the apartment, but the woman told Soto that she was alone.
Police said Soto searched the apartment and fled.
When police arrived, the woman pointed them towards another residence on Scott Street where Soto fled.
Police said they surrounded the other residence and Soto was located inside with a loaded 9mm handgun.
Police said it was not Soto’s residence and was empty when he hid inside.
Soto is charged with two counts each of first-degree burglary, criminal possession of a firearm and second and third-degree possession of a weapon, all felonies, police stated.
Soto is also charged with one count each of second-degree menacing and obstruction of a governmental administration, both misdemeanors, authorities stated.
He is scheduled to appear in City Court.
- 4:03pm 01/23/18Harden assets for sale, report says
- 4:00pm 01/23/18Hall named Officer of Month
- 4:00pm 01/23/18Naturalization ceremony Thursday
- 4:00pm 01/23/18Brief shutdown has varying impact at installations
- 4:00pm 01/23/18Rome man, 61, arrested, twice, in domestic dispute
- 4:00pm 01/23/18Mother in Yorkville fire succumbs to injuries
- 4:00pm 01/23/18Team to host chicken riggie dinner fundraiser
- 4:00pm 01/23/18Recreation Dept. to host annual Sweet Heart Couples Dance
- 4:00pm 01/23/18Blood drive Friday at Rome church
- 4:00pm 01/23/18Deadline Jan. 31 for internship program