Utica man faces charges after pointing gun at woman, police say
A Utica man is facing multiple felony charges after law enforcers said he forced his way into another person’s apartment at gunpoint.
Police said Angel M. Soto, 36, forced his way into an apartment on Scott Street at about 10 a.m. Nov. 6 and pointed a gun at the female occupant.
Police said Soto kept asking about another man who he believed lived in the apartment, but the woman told Soto that she was alone.
Police said Soto searched the apartment and fled.
When police arrived, the woman pointed them towards another residence on Scott Street where Soto fled.
Police said they surrounded the other residence and Soto was located inside with a loaded 9mm handgun.
Police said it was not Soto’s residence and was empty when he hid inside.
Soto is charged with two counts each of first-degree burglary, criminal possession of a firearm and second and third-degree possession of a weapon, all felonies, police stated.
Soto is also charged with one count each of second-degree menacing and obstruction of a governmental administration, both misdemeanors, authorities stated.
He is scheduled to appear in City Court.
- 4:10pm 03/17/18Camden announces top ten scholars
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Two at EADS receive promotions
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Three earn high honors at South Lewis
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Textbooks approved by BOE in 5-2 vote
- 4:00pm 03/17/18School district redefines lease agreement to use Kost Field Complex
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Student, 11, charged in Westmoreland threat
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Pair accused of welfare fraud in Madison County
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Henry P. Smith Post hosts meeting Tuesday
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Lowville teen caught in Walmart fraud
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Utica Dollars for Scholars applications deadline approaching