Desmond A. Jackson
Utica man accused of raping two children
A Utica man is accused of repeatedly raping two children under the age of 11 a decade ago, according to the county Child Advocacy Center. Desmond A. Jackson, age 30, repeatedly raped and sexually abused two young girls under the age of 11 for several years, ending in 2007, according to Det. Edwin A. D’Alessandro. The rapes took place at Jackson’s home in Utica.
Authorities said someone familiar with the rapes came forward recently and Jackson was taken into custody on Tuesday.
Jackson is charged with one count of first-degree rape, a class B felony, authorities said. He is scheduled to appear in City Court.
Authorities said the investigation is continuing and more charges are possible. The victims have been offered counseling through the CAC.
- 4:00pm 10/15/18Owner ticketed for leaving dog in locked vehicle
- 4:00pm 10/15/18Police accuse Utica woman of switching tags at Walmart
- 4:00pm 10/15/18Crash sends three to hospital
- 4:00pm 10/15/18Rome Community Theater to present six one-act plays
- 4:00pm 10/15/18Pair face drug, additional charges
- 4:00pm 10/15/18Board of Ed approves disciplinary pact for district, teacher
- 4:00pm 10/15/18Verona ladies auxiliary to host craft show
- 4:00pm 10/15/18Community Bank N.A. supports Oneida Performing Arts
- 4:00pm 10/15/18Meetings — Tuesday, Oct. 16, 2018
- 4:00pm 10/15/18New hours for church Clothing Closet