Desmond A. Jackson
Utica man accused of raping two children
A Utica man is accused of repeatedly raping two children under the age of 11 a decade ago, according to the county Child Advocacy Center. Desmond A. Jackson, age 30, repeatedly raped and sexually abused two young girls under the age of 11 for several years, ending in 2007, according to Det. Edwin A. D’Alessandro. The rapes took place at Jackson’s home in Utica.
Authorities said someone familiar with the rapes came forward recently and Jackson was taken into custody on Tuesday.
Jackson is charged with one count of first-degree rape, a class B felony, authorities said. He is scheduled to appear in City Court.
Authorities said the investigation is continuing and more charges are possible. The victims have been offered counseling through the CAC.
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Second dairy forum Monday evening at CCE in Oriskany
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Joy teacher resigns, letter notes school district failings
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Video game player returns from Las Vegas competition
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Capitol Theatre to host Tuba Christmas on Tuesday
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Bank, Foundation to give $250,000 to aid cancer center
- 4:00pm 12/08/18School district occupational therapist resigns
- 4:00pm 12/08/18RFA to host Wreaths Across America event
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Madison County man charged with larceny, welfare fraud
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Vandal targeting vehicles, houses in Madison County
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Five accused of selling smokes to minors in sting