Two injured in two-car accident
BOONVILLE — Two people were hospitalized after a two-vehicle collision on Route 12 Saturday morning.
Sheriff’s deputies said George Patterson was traveling along Route 12 behind an uninvolved vehicle at about 11 a.m. when he switched into the left lane and passed that vehicle, and then attempted to pass a 2015 GMC pickup, driven by James Clark.
As Patterson drew closer in his attempt to pass, deputies said Clark also switched into the left lane, the deputies added.
Authorities said Patterson was unable to stop in time and his 2010 Ford pickup truck glanced off Clark’s snowmobile trailer. The collision sent Patterson’s truck into Clark’s truck.
Clark complained of shoulder pain and was taken to St. Luke’s Hospital in New Hartford, authorities said. A passenger in Patterson’s vehicle, Sandra Albert, complained of neck, back, arm and leg pain. Authorities said she was treated at St. Elizabeth Medical Center in Utica.
The accident remains under investigation.
- 4:01pm 03/16/18National Grid bills to go up starting next month
- 4:00pm 03/16/18Olympian to speak at Rome Sports Hall of Fame event on April 7
- 4:00pm 03/16/18MVCC to host info session for student-athletes
- 4:00pm 03/16/18Trial of accused killer set to begin Monday with jury selection
- 4:00pm 03/16/18Students at Ridge Mills Science Fair explain it all
- 4:00pm 03/16/18Pair of state lawmakers back legislation on prescription drug costs
- 4:00pm 03/16/18Lee extends application deadline for water supervisor
- 4:00pm 03/16/18County moves up 11 places in state health ranking
- 4:00pm 03/16/18MVHS, project manager report progress on $480M downtown Utica hospital
- 4:00pm 03/16/18Public Safety Logs —March 16, 2018