Two injured in two-car accident
BOONVILLE — Two people were hospitalized after a two-vehicle collision on Route 12 Saturday morning.
Sheriff’s deputies said George Patterson was traveling along Route 12 behind an uninvolved vehicle at about 11 a.m. when he switched into the left lane and passed that vehicle, and then attempted to pass a 2015 GMC pickup, driven by James Clark.
As Patterson drew closer in his attempt to pass, deputies said Clark also switched into the left lane, the deputies added.
Authorities said Patterson was unable to stop in time and his 2010 Ford pickup truck glanced off Clark’s snowmobile trailer. The collision sent Patterson’s truck into Clark’s truck.
Clark complained of shoulder pain and was taken to St. Luke’s Hospital in New Hartford, authorities said. A passenger in Patterson’s vehicle, Sandra Albert, complained of neck, back, arm and leg pain. Authorities said she was treated at St. Elizabeth Medical Center in Utica.
The accident remains under investigation.
- 4:11pm 05/19/18Cats killed, house destroyed in Sunset Lane fire
- 4:10pm 05/19/18Dozens of students recognized in cursive writing contest
- 4:00pm 05/19/1852-year-old Verona man charged after stand-off
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Public Safety Logs — May 19, 2018
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Tours of historic Old Main building to be held June 8, state announces
- 4:00pm 05/19/18MVCAA to receive nearly $10M from feds for Head Start and Early Head Start programs
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Madison Co. offers list of trash haulers
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Meetings — Monday, May 21, 2018
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Liam, Olivia top baby names in New York for 2017
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Health official: Influenza no longer prevalent in New York