Two injured in two-car accident
BOONVILLE — Two people were hospitalized after a two-vehicle collision on Route 12 Saturday morning.
Sheriff’s deputies said George Patterson was traveling along Route 12 behind an uninvolved vehicle at about 11 a.m. when he switched into the left lane and passed that vehicle, and then attempted to pass a 2015 GMC pickup, driven by James Clark.
As Patterson drew closer in his attempt to pass, deputies said Clark also switched into the left lane, the deputies added.
Authorities said Patterson was unable to stop in time and his 2010 Ford pickup truck glanced off Clark’s snowmobile trailer. The collision sent Patterson’s truck into Clark’s truck.
Clark complained of shoulder pain and was taken to St. Luke’s Hospital in New Hartford, authorities said. A passenger in Patterson’s vehicle, Sandra Albert, complained of neck, back, arm and leg pain. Authorities said she was treated at St. Elizabeth Medical Center in Utica.
The accident remains under investigation.
- 4:10pm 11/17/18City’s Codes Department unveils hybrid car fleet $100,000 state grant funds purchase of new, energy-efficient vehicles
- 4:00pm 11/17/18DEC seeks input on managing Tug Hill lands
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Civic group honors AmeriCu’s Manuele
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Drivers urged to think safety as winter descends on region
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Woman gets probation for theft
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Eight area residents among state police grads
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Jervis serves as collection point for multiple community outreach efforts
- 4:00pm 11/17/18State champion RFA Marching Band receives commendation
- 4:00pm 11/17/18School board debates membership in statewide association
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Public Safety Logs — Nov. 17, 2018