Two injured in two-car accident
BOONVILLE — Two people were hospitalized after a two-vehicle collision on Route 12 Saturday morning.
Sheriff’s deputies said George Patterson was traveling along Route 12 behind an uninvolved vehicle at about 11 a.m. when he switched into the left lane and passed that vehicle, and then attempted to pass a 2015 GMC pickup, driven by James Clark.
As Patterson drew closer in his attempt to pass, deputies said Clark also switched into the left lane, the deputies added.
Authorities said Patterson was unable to stop in time and his 2010 Ford pickup truck glanced off Clark’s snowmobile trailer. The collision sent Patterson’s truck into Clark’s truck.
Clark complained of shoulder pain and was taken to St. Luke’s Hospital in New Hartford, authorities said. A passenger in Patterson’s vehicle, Sandra Albert, complained of neck, back, arm and leg pain. Authorities said she was treated at St. Elizabeth Medical Center in Utica.
The accident remains under investigation.
- 4:00pm 09/19/18GOP’s Molinaro gets Picente endorsement
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Board approves paving project to ease Strough parking woes
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Possible harmful algae blooms found on Oneida Lake
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Flu season coming on quickly, health department warns; officials say the time is now to get annual flu vaccine
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Utica man accused of raping two children
- 4:00pm 09/19/18-
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Two charged as accomplices in DeWitt slayings
- 4:00pm 09/19/18State begins weekly fall foliage reports
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Brindisi: Public would suffer from proposed health care merger
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Meetings — Thursday, Sept. 20