Two injured in two-car accident
BOONVILLE — Two people were hospitalized after a two-vehicle collision on Route 12 Saturday morning.
Sheriff’s deputies said George Patterson was traveling along Route 12 behind an uninvolved vehicle at about 11 a.m. when he switched into the left lane and passed that vehicle, and then attempted to pass a 2015 GMC pickup, driven by James Clark.
As Patterson drew closer in his attempt to pass, deputies said Clark also switched into the left lane, the deputies added.
Authorities said Patterson was unable to stop in time and his 2010 Ford pickup truck glanced off Clark’s snowmobile trailer. The collision sent Patterson’s truck into Clark’s truck.
Clark complained of shoulder pain and was taken to St. Luke’s Hospital in New Hartford, authorities said. A passenger in Patterson’s vehicle, Sandra Albert, complained of neck, back, arm and leg pain. Authorities said she was treated at St. Elizabeth Medical Center in Utica.
The accident remains under investigation.
- 4:10pm 07/14/18Yorkville resident receives Liberty Medal
- 4:00pm 07/14/18Over 1,000 youngsters participate in county’s annual Sidewalk Art Contest
- 4:00pm 07/14/18IDA approves three actions for project at former Rome Cable
- 4:00pm 07/14/18Music teacher position added at BOE meeting
- 4:00pm 07/14/18Oneida to hold groundbreaking ceremony for railway redevelopment
- 4:00pm 07/14/18DiNapoli mentions Rome, Utica demographics in report
- 4:00pm 07/14/18Boy in critical condition after BB gun game
- 4:00pm 07/14/18Public Safety Logs — July 14, 2018
- 4:00pm 07/14/18Sherrill to host concert series, balloon walk
- 4:00pm 07/14/18Newly donated items featured at Rome Historical Society