Two drivers sent to hospital in Marcy accident, authorities say
TOWN OF MARCY — Both drivers were hospitalized after a two-vehicle collision at the intersection of Mill Street and Route 291 Sunday afternoon.
Sheriff’s deputies said Malcolm Webb, 19, of Rome, was eastbound on Mill Street at about 6:40 p.m. when he failed to yield the right of way to a northbound 2016 Toyota at Route 291. Deputies said Webb’s 2008 Chevy pickup struck the Toyota, driven by Karen Fransman, 63, of Stittville.
Both Webb and Fransman were taken to St. Luke’s Hospital in New Hartford, where they were treated for minor injuries, authorities said. Webb was ticketed for failure to yield. He is scheduled to appear in Town Court.
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Clerk gets some backing from lawmakers at budget hearing
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Blood recipients winners in ‘Battle of the Badges’
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Economic panel to hold outreach meeting Oct. 25
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Rome-Area Hunger Walk steps off Sunday
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Drugged driving charged in Lewis County
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Take Back the Night Thursday at City Hall
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Syracuse Stage visits Joy Elementary
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Meetings — Thursday, Oct. 17, 2018
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Madison County man accused of welfare fraud
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Colonial Park to host tribute for its veterans