Two drivers sent to hospital in Marcy accident, authorities say
TOWN OF MARCY — Both drivers were hospitalized after a two-vehicle collision at the intersection of Mill Street and Route 291 Sunday afternoon.
Sheriff’s deputies said Malcolm Webb, 19, of Rome, was eastbound on Mill Street at about 6:40 p.m. when he failed to yield the right of way to a northbound 2016 Toyota at Route 291. Deputies said Webb’s 2008 Chevy pickup struck the Toyota, driven by Karen Fransman, 63, of Stittville.
Both Webb and Fransman were taken to St. Luke’s Hospital in New Hartford, where they were treated for minor injuries, authorities said. Webb was ticketed for failure to yield. He is scheduled to appear in Town Court.
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Zoning dispute becomes heated in Lee
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Trucker pleads guilty to lying to state in Workers’ Comp case
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Rome Police nab wanted man
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Area officials blast Cuomo comment
- 4:00pm 08/16/18City seeks applicants for arena work
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Community Foundation awards over $1.4M in grants to area organizations
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Movies — Aug. 16, 2018
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Public Safety Logs — Aug. 16, 2018
- 12:00pm 08/16/18District outlines new school supplies decision
- 4:00pm 08/15/18Only few small hurdles remain for Strough reopening