Scott D. Holley
Troopers nab man wanted in Florida on drug charges
A Rome man wanted in Florida on drug charges was taken into custody after his motor vehicle crashed on Townline Road.
Lee-based state police said Scott D. Holley, 42, was westbound at 2:50 a.m. Friday, March 10 when he failed to keep right at the intersection with Route 46.
Troopers said Holley’s 2001 Nissan Sentra went over an embankment and came to rest against a guardrail on the west shoulder of the highway.
Holley was treated for minor injuries at St. Elizabeth Medical Center in Utica, and was also charged with driving while intoxicated, troopers said.
A background search on Holley uncovered an open arrest warrant for drug charges out of Osceola County in Florida, authorities said. Holley was arraigned in court and was sent to county jail without bail to await extradition.
- 4:10pm 11/21/17Holiday travelers to see lower gas prices
- 4:00pm 11/21/17County executive helps to raise awareness for Giving Tuesday
- 4:00pm 11/21/17Area road construction projects linger on
- 4:00pm 11/21/17Officials secure $250K for Chenango Road Bridge
- 4:00pm 11/21/17Getting ready for Rome’s Christmas tree lighting ceremony
- 4:00pm 11/21/17Nurses contract, resource officer position before county board
- 4:00pm 11/21/17School district outlines ‘snow day’ policy, procedures
- 4:00pm 11/21/17Rome man, 33, charged with choking girlfriend
- 4:00pm 11/21/17Sauquoit man succumbs to injuries in Herkimer County
- 4:00pm 11/21/17Two sent to federal prison on meth charges