Scott D. Holley
Troopers nab man wanted in Florida on drug charges
A Rome man wanted in Florida on drug charges was taken into custody after his motor vehicle crashed on Townline Road.
Lee-based state police said Scott D. Holley, 42, was westbound at 2:50 a.m. Friday, March 10 when he failed to keep right at the intersection with Route 46.
Troopers said Holley’s 2001 Nissan Sentra went over an embankment and came to rest against a guardrail on the west shoulder of the highway.
Holley was treated for minor injuries at St. Elizabeth Medical Center in Utica, and was also charged with driving while intoxicated, troopers said.
A background search on Holley uncovered an open arrest warrant for drug charges out of Osceola County in Florida, authorities said. Holley was arraigned in court and was sent to county jail without bail to await extradition.
- 4:21pm 01/20/18Festival fills Friday night with music
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Oneida celebrates National School Choice Week
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Enthusiastic response for robots demonstration at BOE meeting
- 4:00pm 01/20/18MWPAI adds trustees to board
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Bartell Machinery Systems receives pair of awards
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Lawrence named to GLDC board
- 4:00pm 01/20/18BOCES offers continuing education classes
- 4:00pm 01/20/18No cause yet in fatal fire
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Board approves Oneida lacrosse request, retirement extension
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Land trust group voices concerns over proposed wind energy facility