Scott D. Holley
Troopers nab man wanted in Florida on drug charges
A Rome man wanted in Florida on drug charges was taken into custody after his motor vehicle crashed on Townline Road.
Lee-based state police said Scott D. Holley, 42, was westbound at 2:50 a.m. Friday, March 10 when he failed to keep right at the intersection with Route 46.
Troopers said Holley’s 2001 Nissan Sentra went over an embankment and came to rest against a guardrail on the west shoulder of the highway.
Holley was treated for minor injuries at St. Elizabeth Medical Center in Utica, and was also charged with driving while intoxicated, troopers said.
A background search on Holley uncovered an open arrest warrant for drug charges out of Osceola County in Florida, authorities said. Holley was arraigned in court and was sent to county jail without bail to await extradition.
- 4:10pm 07/25/17The Owl and The Silver Moon preschool set for Sept. opening
- 4:00pm 07/25/17Council eyes pair of grants
- 4:00pm 07/25/17Movies — July 25, 2017
- 4:00pm 07/25/17Tenney: Senate must act on FEMA reforms
- 4:00pm 07/25/17City’s Grievance Day set for Aug. 1
- 4:00pm 07/25/17Corrected diplomas sent to graduates
- 4:00pm 07/25/17Man charged with assault for repeatedly punching teen
- 4:00pm 07/25/17County inmate found with Xanax, according to county authorities
- 4:00pm 07/25/17Attack leads to charges in Madison County
- 4:00pm 07/25/17Oneida man charged with burglary