Scott D. Holley
Troopers nab man wanted in Florida on drug charges
A Rome man wanted in Florida on drug charges was taken into custody after his motor vehicle crashed on Townline Road.
Lee-based state police said Scott D. Holley, 42, was westbound at 2:50 a.m. Friday, March 10 when he failed to keep right at the intersection with Route 46.
Troopers said Holley’s 2001 Nissan Sentra went over an embankment and came to rest against a guardrail on the west shoulder of the highway.
Holley was treated for minor injuries at St. Elizabeth Medical Center in Utica, and was also charged with driving while intoxicated, troopers said.
A background search on Holley uncovered an open arrest warrant for drug charges out of Osceola County in Florida, authorities said. Holley was arraigned in court and was sent to county jail without bail to await extradition.
- 4:00pm 03/22/17‘School of Rock’ to take stage in Westmoreland
- 4:00pm 03/22/17Pre-K busing rolls back into school budget plan
- 4:00pm 03/22/17Pair of projects to receive incentives, tax breaks
- 4:00pm 03/22/17Incumbent first to file for school board election
- 4:00pm 03/22/17Write-in candidate wins Barneveld mayoral race by more than 2 to 1
- 4:00pm 03/22/17Clark named Officer of the Month
- 4:00pm 03/22/17Three accused of slashing tires, causing more than $250 in damages
- 4:00pm 03/22/17Stockbridge standoff ends with several charges
- 4:00pm 03/22/17Meetings — March 23, 2017
- 4:00pm 03/22/17AAA survey finds support for rear seat belt law for adults