Scott D. Holley
Troopers nab man wanted in Florida on drug charges
A Rome man wanted in Florida on drug charges was taken into custody after his motor vehicle crashed on Townline Road.
Lee-based state police said Scott D. Holley, 42, was westbound at 2:50 a.m. Friday, March 10 when he failed to keep right at the intersection with Route 46.
Troopers said Holley’s 2001 Nissan Sentra went over an embankment and came to rest against a guardrail on the west shoulder of the highway.
Holley was treated for minor injuries at St. Elizabeth Medical Center in Utica, and was also charged with driving while intoxicated, troopers said.
A background search on Holley uncovered an open arrest warrant for drug charges out of Osceola County in Florida, authorities said. Holley was arraigned in court and was sent to county jail without bail to await extradition.
- 4:10pm 04/25/18Capital improvements project underway at Oriskany Central School
- 4:00pm 04/25/18Pair of Lincoln residents charged with cooking meth
- 4:00pm 04/25/18Area unemployment rate up compared to March 2017
- 4:00pm 04/25/18Ballot lines decided for Tenney, Brindisi
- 4:00pm 04/25/18Court clears Utica police officer in fatal shooting
- 4:00pm 04/25/18SUNY Poly to take part in ‘Yards for Yeardley’
- 4:00pm 04/25/18Turning Stone launching Thursday professional comedy series
- 4:00pm 04/25/18MVCC to host lecture by paralympian Tucker
- 4:00pm 04/25/18Pair of Oneonta residents accused of trying to scam businesses
- 4:00pm 04/25/18Meetings — Thursday, April 26, 2018