Scott D. Holley
Troopers nab man wanted in Florida on drug charges
A Rome man wanted in Florida on drug charges was taken into custody after his motor vehicle crashed on Townline Road.
Lee-based state police said Scott D. Holley, 42, was westbound at 2:50 a.m. Friday, March 10 when he failed to keep right at the intersection with Route 46.
Troopers said Holley’s 2001 Nissan Sentra went over an embankment and came to rest against a guardrail on the west shoulder of the highway.
Holley was treated for minor injuries at St. Elizabeth Medical Center in Utica, and was also charged with driving while intoxicated, troopers said.
A background search on Holley uncovered an open arrest warrant for drug charges out of Osceola County in Florida, authorities said. Holley was arraigned in court and was sent to county jail without bail to await extradition.
- 4:10pm 03/23/18Rome to get $1M from state to remediate former Rome Cable site
- 4:00pm 03/23/18City finalizes proposal for $10M downtown revitalization plan
- 4:00pm 03/23/18BOCES holds Open House
- 4:00pm 03/23/18Driver hurt after being cut off by school bus
- 4:00pm 03/23/18Utica woman accused of trying to attack social worker
- 4:00pm 03/23/18Stabbing victim dies of injuries
- 4:00pm 03/23/18Rome students to march, rally Saturday
- 4:00pm 03/23/18Pets can get pictures with Easter Bunny
- 4:00pm 03/23/18Pre-licensing class offered March 31 at Holy Cross Academy
- 4:00pm 03/23/18MVCC’s ‘AIM’ on target with cybersecurity training