Scott D. Holley
Troopers nab man wanted in Florida on drug charges
A Rome man wanted in Florida on drug charges was taken into custody after his motor vehicle crashed on Townline Road.
Lee-based state police said Scott D. Holley, 42, was westbound at 2:50 a.m. Friday, March 10 when he failed to keep right at the intersection with Route 46.
Troopers said Holley’s 2001 Nissan Sentra went over an embankment and came to rest against a guardrail on the west shoulder of the highway.
Holley was treated for minor injuries at St. Elizabeth Medical Center in Utica, and was also charged with driving while intoxicated, troopers said.
A background search on Holley uncovered an open arrest warrant for drug charges out of Osceola County in Florida, authorities said. Holley was arraigned in court and was sent to county jail without bail to await extradition.
- 12:00pm 05/24/17Dryer blamed in New London fire; family of five displaced
- 4:10pm 05/23/17City gets grant for Haselton park pavilion
- 4:00pm 05/23/17Fort Stanwix to be surrounded once again; monument to host French and Indian War Weekend
- 4:00pm 05/23/17Local lawmakers back relief efforts for Vernon Downs
- 4:00pm 05/23/17Honoring service and sacrifice
- 4:00pm 05/23/17State Senate again takes aim at laser pointing at aircraft
- 4:00pm 05/23/17Teen charged with assault, accused of injuring adult male
- 4:00pm 05/23/17Master’s program at SUNY Poly lauded
- 4:00pm 05/23/17Utica man hospitalized after shooting
- 4:00pm 05/23/17Kay Real Estate to be honored at chamber luncheon