Scott D. Holley
Troopers nab man wanted in Florida on drug charges
A Rome man wanted in Florida on drug charges was taken into custody after his motor vehicle crashed on Townline Road.
Lee-based state police said Scott D. Holley, 42, was westbound at 2:50 a.m. Friday, March 10 when he failed to keep right at the intersection with Route 46.
Troopers said Holley’s 2001 Nissan Sentra went over an embankment and came to rest against a guardrail on the west shoulder of the highway.
Holley was treated for minor injuries at St. Elizabeth Medical Center in Utica, and was also charged with driving while intoxicated, troopers said.
A background search on Holley uncovered an open arrest warrant for drug charges out of Osceola County in Florida, authorities said. Holley was arraigned in court and was sent to county jail without bail to await extradition.
- 4:10pm 10/17/17Partnership is a knockout for region, officials say
- 4:00pm 10/17/17Murder suspect due to return by end of the month
- 4:00pm 10/17/17Oneida County weighs joining lawsuit against drug companies
- 4:00pm 10/17/17Defense points to victim’s son
- 4:00pm 10/17/17Filings show hefty war chests in 22nd district race
- 4:00pm 10/17/17Road work continues on Route 825
- 4:00pm 10/17/17Rome man faces drunk driving charge
- 4:00pm 10/17/17Board of Ed committee to begin discussions on service contracts Thursday
- 4:00pm 10/17/17State surplus vehicle auction set in Oneida
- 4:00pm 10/17/17Food Network star coming to MVCC