Scott D. Holley
Troopers nab man wanted in Florida on drug charges
A Rome man wanted in Florida on drug charges was taken into custody after his motor vehicle crashed on Townline Road.
Lee-based state police said Scott D. Holley, 42, was westbound at 2:50 a.m. Friday, March 10 when he failed to keep right at the intersection with Route 46.
Troopers said Holley’s 2001 Nissan Sentra went over an embankment and came to rest against a guardrail on the west shoulder of the highway.
Holley was treated for minor injuries at St. Elizabeth Medical Center in Utica, and was also charged with driving while intoxicated, troopers said.
A background search on Holley uncovered an open arrest warrant for drug charges out of Osceola County in Florida, authorities said. Holley was arraigned in court and was sent to county jail without bail to await extradition.
- 4:10pm 04/22/17Jury selection starts Monday in murder trial
- 4:00pm 04/22/17Marcy Nanocenter work wins award for firm
- 4:00pm 04/22/17Plan to cut parking in downtown Oneida draws concerns
- 4:00pm 04/22/17Oneida, other counties weigh public defender caseload caps, funding
- 4:00pm 04/22/17President Trump talks with Tenney’s son before six-month military deployment to Iraq
- 4:00pm 04/22/17Area job count increases by 1,200 over last year
- 4:00pm 04/22/17Crash leads to injuries, fuel spill in New Hartford
- 4:00pm 04/22/17Unattended children lead to charges
- 4:00pm 04/22/17Madison County man sold illegal bath salt drugs, deputies say
- 4:00pm 04/22/17Public Safety Logs — April 22, 2017