Scott D. Holley
Troopers nab man wanted in Florida on drug charges
A Rome man wanted in Florida on drug charges was taken into custody after his motor vehicle crashed on Townline Road.
Lee-based state police said Scott D. Holley, 42, was westbound at 2:50 a.m. Friday, March 10 when he failed to keep right at the intersection with Route 46.
Troopers said Holley’s 2001 Nissan Sentra went over an embankment and came to rest against a guardrail on the west shoulder of the highway.
Holley was treated for minor injuries at St. Elizabeth Medical Center in Utica, and was also charged with driving while intoxicated, troopers said.
A background search on Holley uncovered an open arrest warrant for drug charges out of Osceola County in Florida, authorities said. Holley was arraigned in court and was sent to county jail without bail to await extradition.
- 4:00pm 06/23/17Practicing for the big day
- 4:00pm 06/23/17Rome scholar named to dean’s list
- 4:00pm 06/23/17New workshops planned for youths at Boonville Fair
- 4:00pm 06/23/17Man, 70, accused of sexual abuse of pre-teen girl
- 4:00pm 06/23/17Foul play not suspected after woman’s body found in Utica canal
- 4:00pm 06/23/17Man charged with endangerment
- 4:00pm 06/23/17Volunteer firefighter, cancer survivor hails passage of legislation
- 4:00pm 06/23/17Madison County sheriff accepts Commission of Correction post
- 4:00pm 06/23/17Zonta officers installed
- 4:00pm 06/23/17Honor America Days organizers extend parade application deadline