Scott D. Holley
Troopers nab man wanted in Florida on drug charges
A Rome man wanted in Florida on drug charges was taken into custody after his motor vehicle crashed on Townline Road.
Lee-based state police said Scott D. Holley, 42, was westbound at 2:50 a.m. Friday, March 10 when he failed to keep right at the intersection with Route 46.
Troopers said Holley’s 2001 Nissan Sentra went over an embankment and came to rest against a guardrail on the west shoulder of the highway.
Holley was treated for minor injuries at St. Elizabeth Medical Center in Utica, and was also charged with driving while intoxicated, troopers said.
A background search on Holley uncovered an open arrest warrant for drug charges out of Osceola County in Florida, authorities said. Holley was arraigned in court and was sent to county jail without bail to await extradition.
- 1:00pm 08/21/17Next walk for mayor Tuesday on Mayberry St.
- 11:53am 08/21/17Manhunt continues for suspect
- 9:00am 08/20/17Mohawk Valley readies for rare glimpse of solar eclipse
- 4:00pm 08/19/17Mortgage Research Center pays restitution, fine in conduct home closing cost case
- 4:00pm 08/19/17Tenney urges president to continue to denounce racial hatred
- 4:00pm 08/19/17School district eyes savings of nearly $575,000
- 4:00pm 08/19/17Utica man faces weapons, multiple other charges after traffic stop
- 4:00pm 08/19/17Deerfield Place cuts ribbon on new apartment, townhouse complex in Utica
- 4:00pm 08/19/17Capitol to hold auditions for musical
- 4:00pm 08/19/17DOT reminds motorists to expect lane changes, watch for flaggers