Scott D. Holley
Troopers nab man wanted in Florida on drug charges
A Rome man wanted in Florida on drug charges was taken into custody after his motor vehicle crashed on Townline Road.
Lee-based state police said Scott D. Holley, 42, was westbound at 2:50 a.m. Friday, March 10 when he failed to keep right at the intersection with Route 46.
Troopers said Holley’s 2001 Nissan Sentra went over an embankment and came to rest against a guardrail on the west shoulder of the highway.
Holley was treated for minor injuries at St. Elizabeth Medical Center in Utica, and was also charged with driving while intoxicated, troopers said.
A background search on Holley uncovered an open arrest warrant for drug charges out of Osceola County in Florida, authorities said. Holley was arraigned in court and was sent to county jail without bail to await extradition.
- 4:10pm 09/20/17Growing firm begins project Industrial development agency to provide incentives
- 4:00pm 09/20/17Pumpkin season
- 4:00pm 09/20/17Maple Leaf Market nears grand opening in Sherrill
- 4:00pm 09/20/17Recovering heroin user gives hope for addicts, families
- 4:00pm 09/20/17Enjoy the sun, forecasters say, as slow, cool shift expected
- 4:00pm 09/20/17City’s Board of Estimate and Contract poised to approve demolition deals
- 4:00pm 09/20/17Psychiatrist pleads guilty in fraud case at state psychiatric center
- 4:00pm 09/20/17Man, 56, accused of breaking into home, harassing residents
- 4:00pm 09/20/17Workshop highlights groups that aid new farmers
- 4:00pm 09/20/17Fundraiser planned for congressional hopeful