Troopers: Man, 37, stabbed brother to death in Yorkville
VILLAGE OF YORKVILLE — A 37-year-old man is in custody, suspected of stabbing his older brother to death at their Jones Place residence early this morning, according to state police.
This is the first homicide this year that occurred outside of the City of Utica.
Trooper Jack Keller said the 37-year-old stabbed his 42-year-old brother inside their residence at 10 Jones Place shortly before 4 a.m.
Jones Place is a cul-de-sac that extends north off Whitesboro Street, on the north side of the commercial strip in Yorkville.
The identities of the two men were not released this morning. Keller said they were notifying the next of kin before releasing names.
State police said the accused killer is in custody, but they have also not yet released information on what charges he may face.
According to town records, the property is owned by John Ferguson.
This is the first homicide in Yorkville since 2010.
More information is expected to be released this afternoon.
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Zoning dispute becomes heated in Lee
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Trucker pleads guilty to lying to state in Workers’ Comp case
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Rome Police nab wanted man
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Area officials blast Cuomo comment
- 4:00pm 08/16/18City seeks applicants for arena work
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Community Foundation awards over $1.4M in grants to area organizations
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Movies — Aug. 16, 2018
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Public Safety Logs — Aug. 16, 2018
- 12:00pm 08/16/18District outlines new school supplies decision
- 4:00pm 08/15/18Only few small hurdles remain for Strough reopening