Troopers: Man, 37, stabbed brother to death in Yorkville
VILLAGE OF YORKVILLE — A 37-year-old man is in custody, suspected of stabbing his older brother to death at their Jones Place residence early this morning, according to state police.
This is the first homicide this year that occurred outside of the City of Utica.
Trooper Jack Keller said the 37-year-old stabbed his 42-year-old brother inside their residence at 10 Jones Place shortly before 4 a.m.
Jones Place is a cul-de-sac that extends north off Whitesboro Street, on the north side of the commercial strip in Yorkville.
The identities of the two men were not released this morning. Keller said they were notifying the next of kin before releasing names.
State police said the accused killer is in custody, but they have also not yet released information on what charges he may face.
According to town records, the property is owned by John Ferguson.
This is the first homicide in Yorkville since 2010.
More information is expected to be released this afternoon.
- 4:00pm 10/16/18County, Oneida Nation, libraries team up to get books in bassinets
- 4:00pm 10/16/18NBT Bank announces new vice president
- 4:00pm 10/16/18Event to aid animal rescue group
- 4:00pm 10/16/18Get a reusable goodies bag for trick-or-treating
- 4:00pm 10/16/18Good Buy Bazaar this weekend at St. Peter’s
- 4:00pm 10/16/18State offers up to $50K to help new farmers expand or improve their operations
- 4:00pm 10/16/18NAACP’s Freedom Fund event Saturday
- 4:00pm 10/16/18Turning Stone boutiques set grand opening for Nov. 1
- 4:00pm 10/16/18Madison County increases price of Solid Waste Punch Cards
- 4:00pm 10/16/18Meetings — Wednesday, Oct. 17, 2018