Troopers investigate accident that severely injured driver
WHITESTOWN — State Police at Marcy continue to investigate an accident that involved a tractor trailer on the State Thruway Wednesday night that severely injured an Onondaga County man.
Troopers said Jeffrey F. Ross, 64, of Cleveland, Ohio, was driving the rig westbound near Exit 32 when he struck a 2006 Dodge Ram truck driven by Brett A. Sullivan, 34, of Brewerton, at 11:08 p.m. The pickup was disabled and located in the driving lane at the time.
Sullivan suffered life-threatening injuries in the crash and was airlifted to SUNY Upstate Hospital in Syracuse. He was listed in serious condition today, according to a hospital spokeswoman.
Ross was also taken to the hospital for treatment of minor injuries, troopers said.
- 1:00pm 08/15/18Pair charged with abandoning dog found tied up at Erie Canal
- 12:06pm 08/15/18Police seek fugitive
- 4:01pm 08/14/18Hundreds greet president at Griffiss
- 4:00pm 08/14/18Brindisi holds fundraiser across town from Trump visit
- 4:00pm 08/14/18Police seek public’s assistance to find runaway teen
- 4:00pm 08/14/18Fishing Derby in memory local man Saturday
- 4:00pm 08/14/18Board of Ed to meet in exec session Wednesday
- 4:00pm 08/14/18VVS to host orientation for freshmen, parents Aug. 22
- 4:00pm 08/14/18RFA Class of 1973 reunion organizers
- 4:00pm 08/14/18Organizers of the RCH Class of 1973 reunion share memories