Troopers investigate accident that severely injured driver
WHITESTOWN — State Police at Marcy continue to investigate an accident that involved a tractor trailer on the State Thruway Wednesday night that severely injured an Onondaga County man.
Troopers said Jeffrey F. Ross, 64, of Cleveland, Ohio, was driving the rig westbound near Exit 32 when he struck a 2006 Dodge Ram truck driven by Brett A. Sullivan, 34, of Brewerton, at 11:08 p.m. The pickup was disabled and located in the driving lane at the time.
Sullivan suffered life-threatening injuries in the crash and was airlifted to SUNY Upstate Hospital in Syracuse. He was listed in serious condition today, according to a hospital spokeswoman.
Ross was also taken to the hospital for treatment of minor injuries, troopers said.
- 4:10pm 05/21/18Alion to consolidate its Rome operations
- 4:00pm 05/21/18Jervis Library to host Recycling Day
- 4:00pm 05/21/18Rome Community Concert Band and Alliance Classical Players to receive $2,000 in state funding
- 4:00pm 05/21/18Council to mull rebate for property owners replacing sidewalks
- 4:00pm 05/21/18Pair busted for cocaine during traffic stop
- 4:00pm 05/21/18No. 10 on Oneida County Sheriff’s Ten Most Wanted List captured
- 4:00pm 05/21/18Hazardous materials investigation at Mohawk Correctional Facility leads to heroin arrest
- 4:00pm 05/21/1845-year-old woman latest Warrant of the Week
- 4:00pm 05/21/18Bailey's Karate School holds Black Belt Spectacular
- 4:00pm 05/21/18Dairy Farmer Forum slated for Wednesday