Troopers investigate accident that severely injured driver
WHITESTOWN — State Police at Marcy continue to investigate an accident that involved a tractor trailer on the State Thruway Wednesday night that severely injured an Onondaga County man.
Troopers said Jeffrey F. Ross, 64, of Cleveland, Ohio, was driving the rig westbound near Exit 32 when he struck a 2006 Dodge Ram truck driven by Brett A. Sullivan, 34, of Brewerton, at 11:08 p.m. The pickup was disabled and located in the driving lane at the time.
Sullivan suffered life-threatening injuries in the crash and was airlifted to SUNY Upstate Hospital in Syracuse. He was listed in serious condition today, according to a hospital spokeswoman.
Ross was also taken to the hospital for treatment of minor injuries, troopers said.
- 9:11am 10/22/18Family of five displaced by fire Smoke detector awakes sleeping family
- 4:10pm 10/20/18City has ‘twofold’ plan to replace parking garage
- 4:10pm 10/20/18Strough inducts new Junior Honor Society members
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Mohawk Valley Water Authority considering rate hike
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Old-fashioned fireplace saves home from burning
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Truck driver gets three years probation for fraud
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Psychiatric Center worker accused of wage theft
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Debate Oct. 30 between Assembly 119 candidates
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Unemployment rate declines in region
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Hours extended at Board of Elections