Troopers investigate accident that severely injured driver
WHITESTOWN — State Police at Marcy continue to investigate an accident that involved a tractor trailer on the State Thruway Wednesday night that severely injured an Onondaga County man.
Troopers said Jeffrey F. Ross, 64, of Cleveland, Ohio, was driving the rig westbound near Exit 32 when he struck a 2006 Dodge Ram truck driven by Brett A. Sullivan, 34, of Brewerton, at 11:08 p.m. The pickup was disabled and located in the driving lane at the time.
Sullivan suffered life-threatening injuries in the crash and was airlifted to SUNY Upstate Hospital in Syracuse. He was listed in serious condition today, according to a hospital spokeswoman.
Ross was also taken to the hospital for treatment of minor injuries, troopers said.
- 4:10pm 02/17/18Jervis Public Library acknowledges fourth quarter donations, gifts
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Students honored for demonstrating outstanding character
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Rome district to begin Pre-K registration Feb. 26
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Meetings — Monday, Feb. 19, 2018
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Man gets 90 months in prison in child porn case
- 4:00pm 02/17/18DWI charge in Lowville crash
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Public Safety Logs — Feb. 17, 2018
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Movies — Feb. 17, 2018
- 12:00pm 02/17/18Attendance more than doubles at Verona Beach State Park, officials report
- 11:30am 02/17/18New York offers free fishing weekend and ice fishing clinic