Troopers: Corrections trainee had sex with inmate
TOWN OF MARCY — A state corrections officer trainee has since been terminated from the job after law enforcers said she had a sexual relationship with an inmate at the Marcy Correctional Facility.
State police said Stephanie L. Sampson, 30, of Utica, provided alcohol to the inmate and engaged in a sexual relationship after getting hired at the prison in early March. Following an investigation, Sampson was taken into custody on Sept. 8.
Sampson is charged with one count each of third-degree rape, a class E felony, official misconduct and promotion of prison contraband, authorities said.
She was arraigned in court and is scheduled to reappear.
According to state records, Sampson was hired as a trainee on March 5, and her starting salary was $42,695.
State officials said Sampson has since been terminated from the job.
- 4:02pm 09/24/18Gas prices remain steady in region, AAA survey reports
- 4:01pm 09/24/18Thousands descend on the Remsen Barn Fest
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Saturday's Royalty and Rogues IV festival in Stittville
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Meetings — Tuesday, Sept. 25, 2018
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Man injured in flipped vehicle trying to avoid deer
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Community Foundation offers training for non-profits
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Pair of Oneida residents charged with driving stolen car
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Crash sends couple to hospital
- 4:00pm 09/24/18200 jobs, millions in investment projected for drone zone
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Community Bank donates supplies