Troopers: Corrections trainee had sex with inmate
TOWN OF MARCY — A state corrections officer trainee has since been terminated from the job after law enforcers said she had a sexual relationship with an inmate at the Marcy Correctional Facility.
State police said Stephanie L. Sampson, 30, of Utica, provided alcohol to the inmate and engaged in a sexual relationship after getting hired at the prison in early March. Following an investigation, Sampson was taken into custody on Sept. 8.
Sampson is charged with one count each of third-degree rape, a class E felony, official misconduct and promotion of prison contraband, authorities said.
She was arraigned in court and is scheduled to reappear.
According to state records, Sampson was hired as a trainee on March 5, and her starting salary was $42,695.
State officials said Sampson has since been terminated from the job.
- 11:46am 11/16/18Early season nor’easter socks region
- 4:00pm 11/15/18City's Board of Estimate to hold special meeting
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Board, groups meet to discuss minority concerns
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Flakes to fly; several inches of snow likely
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Oneida County lawmakers approve budget without gaming revenue sharing
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Nursing facility donates to Rescue Mission
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Rescue Mission puts out call for turkeys
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Lewis County man hospitalized after rescuing dogs from fire
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Council approves trash, dog ordinance changes
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Trailbusters to host NYS safety course