Ticket issued in two-car accident on Tannery Road
A passenger was hospitalized after a two-vehicle collision on Tannery Road Saturday afternoon, according to local law enforcement officials.
Sheriff’s deputies said Theresa Coonrad, 44, of Lee Center, was eastbound at about 1:23 p.m. when she lost control of her 2013 Dodge Journey on a sharp curve.
Deputies said the Dodge crossed over into the oncoming lane and struck the driver’s side of a westbound 2002 Toyota Tundra, driven by Michael Ellis, 36, of Blossvale.
Deputies said a passenger inside Coonrad’s vehicle, 37-year-old Elizabeth Dupont, of Taberg, was treated at Rome Memorial Hospital for minor injuries.
Coonrad was ticketed for unreasonable speed, authorities stated.
She is scheduled to appear in City Court, the law enforcers added.
- 4:10pm 07/20/18Access still issue at Erie Canal Village
- 4:00pm 07/20/18Accused brother waives felony hearing in court
- 4:00pm 07/20/18House catches on fire after failed bid to rid bees from home
- 4:00pm 07/20/18Sherrill Manufacturing to participate in event at White House
- 4:00pm 07/20/18Stanwix Veterans & Men’s Club awards 2018 scholarships
- 4:00pm 07/20/18Chamber honors president, business manager for service
- 4:00pm 07/20/18VVS to host ‘Camp Invention’ enrichment program
- 4:00pm 07/20/18Local job count dips, labor statistics show
- 4:00pm 07/20/18Thruway warns of traffic disruptions
- 4:00pm 07/20/18College graduations, acceptance — July 20, 2018