Ticket issued in two-car accident on Tannery Road
A passenger was hospitalized after a two-vehicle collision on Tannery Road Saturday afternoon, according to local law enforcement officials.
Sheriff’s deputies said Theresa Coonrad, 44, of Lee Center, was eastbound at about 1:23 p.m. when she lost control of her 2013 Dodge Journey on a sharp curve.
Deputies said the Dodge crossed over into the oncoming lane and struck the driver’s side of a westbound 2002 Toyota Tundra, driven by Michael Ellis, 36, of Blossvale.
Deputies said a passenger inside Coonrad’s vehicle, 37-year-old Elizabeth Dupont, of Taberg, was treated at Rome Memorial Hospital for minor injuries.
Coonrad was ticketed for unreasonable speed, authorities stated.
She is scheduled to appear in City Court, the law enforcers added.
- 4:00pm 10/23/18Registered sex offender charged with having child pornography
- 4:00pm 10/23/18Event to aid cancer victims, families
- 4:00pm 10/23/18Woman faces meth charges after drug raid at residence
- 4:00pm 10/23/18Teen hurt in crash after suffering medical emergency
- 4:00pm 10/23/18Woman, three children escape harm in fire
- 4:00pm 10/23/18Councilors set to vote on $44.35M budget
- 4:00pm 10/23/18Signs of changing seasons abound
- 4:00pm 10/23/18Church offers free meal Saturday
- 4:00pm 10/23/18City to host Halloween event Friday
- 4:00pm 10/23/18Teen charged with DWAI with other teens in car