Ticket issued in two-car accident on Tannery Road
A passenger was hospitalized after a two-vehicle collision on Tannery Road Saturday afternoon, according to local law enforcement officials.
Sheriff’s deputies said Theresa Coonrad, 44, of Lee Center, was eastbound at about 1:23 p.m. when she lost control of her 2013 Dodge Journey on a sharp curve.
Deputies said the Dodge crossed over into the oncoming lane and struck the driver’s side of a westbound 2002 Toyota Tundra, driven by Michael Ellis, 36, of Blossvale.
Deputies said a passenger inside Coonrad’s vehicle, 37-year-old Elizabeth Dupont, of Taberg, was treated at Rome Memorial Hospital for minor injuries.
Coonrad was ticketed for unreasonable speed, authorities stated.
She is scheduled to appear in City Court, the law enforcers added.
- 4:10pm 04/21/18Business owners, developers show support for downtown hospital
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Rome Twigs installs officers, honors members
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Rome Clean and Green to host second annual Good Clean Fun Mud Run
- 4:00pm 04/21/18LMV to hold 28th annual graduation ceremony
- 4:00pm 04/21/18MVCC to host Information Session
- 4:00pm 04/21/18VVS garage sale slated for April 28
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Six represent Oneida County at 4-H Horse Bowl
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Herkimer man accused of sexual abuse
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Movies — April 21, 2018
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Schenectady man charged with DWI in ATV crash