Ticket issued in two-car accident on Tannery Road
A passenger was hospitalized after a two-vehicle collision on Tannery Road Saturday afternoon, according to local law enforcement officials.
Sheriff’s deputies said Theresa Coonrad, 44, of Lee Center, was eastbound at about 1:23 p.m. when she lost control of her 2013 Dodge Journey on a sharp curve.
Deputies said the Dodge crossed over into the oncoming lane and struck the driver’s side of a westbound 2002 Toyota Tundra, driven by Michael Ellis, 36, of Blossvale.
Deputies said a passenger inside Coonrad’s vehicle, 37-year-old Elizabeth Dupont, of Taberg, was treated at Rome Memorial Hospital for minor injuries.
Coonrad was ticketed for unreasonable speed, authorities stated.
She is scheduled to appear in City Court, the law enforcers added.
- 4:10pm 01/19/18Village keeps wary eye on temps
- 4:00pm 01/19/18Rome to launch fresh website design this weekend
- 4:00pm 01/19/18Clinton Arena in running for new lighting
- 4:00pm 01/19/18Tenney votes in favor of stopgap bill
- 4:00pm 01/19/18Community schools program may expand beyond Bellamy
- 4:00pm 01/19/18Amazon won’t deliver new headquarters to Upstate NY
- 4:00pm 01/19/18Snowmobiler ticketed for riding on sidewalk
- 4:00pm 01/19/18Remsen man accused of robbing pharmacy
- 4:00pm 01/19/18Fire Department to hold test prep class at local church
- 4:00pm 01/19/18Six months in jail for convicted sex offender