Three women accused of smuggling contraband
TOWN OF MARCY — Three different women are accused of trying to smuggle synthetic marijuana into the MId-State Correctional Facility within three hours of each other on Sunday.
Authorities said all three women were stopped by security in or near the visiting room.
• Jasmine S. Smith, 26, of Mount Vernon, Westchester County, was stopped at 9:30 a.m., according to state police. Smith surrendered 23.4 grams of synthetic marijuana — also known as K2 or Spice — which was being held in the fingertips of a latex glove, prison authorities said.
• Jennifer Gilbert, 50, of Rochester, was stopped at 10 a.m., state police said. Gilbert was found with the drug hidden in a rubber balloon, and she was caught in the visiting room during a visitation with her son, authorities said.
• Kelsey R. Lauster, 22, of Clyde, Wayne County, was stopped at 12:30 p.m., troopers stated. Lauster was caught with 25.4 grams of synthetic marijuana, also hidden in the fingertips of latex gloves, authorities said.
All three women are charged with one count each of second-degree introduction of prison contraband, second-degree reckless endangerment and violating the state sanitary code, troopers said. They are scheduled to appear in Town Court.
The three inmates involved were reassigned to special housing and will face disciplinary charges, prison authorities said.
- 4:00pm 09/19/18GOP’s Molinaro gets Picente endorsement
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Board approves paving project to ease Strough parking woes
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Possible harmful algae blooms found on Oneida Lake
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Flu season coming on quickly, health department warns; officials say the time is now to get annual flu vaccine
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Utica man accused of raping two children
- 4:00pm 09/19/18-
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Two charged as accomplices in DeWitt slayings
- 4:00pm 09/19/18State begins weekly fall foliage reports
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Brindisi: Public would suffer from proposed health care merger
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Meetings — Thursday, Sept. 20