Three men charged in Utica shootout
Three Utica men have been charged with possessing firearms followed a shootout on Gold Street in the Cornhill district Sunday night.
Police said two groups of people exchanged gunfire in the 100 block of Gold St. at about 11 p.m. Sunday. Police said most of the groups fled the scene following the shootout, but security camera footage in the area showed that at least one person fled into a nearby residence on Gold Street.
Police said they secured a search warrant for the residence and 12 individuals were detained inside after the SWAT team raided the home at about 3:15 a.m. Monday. All 12 were then taken to the Utica Police Department for questioning.
Police said three loaded handguns and a quantity of ammunition were found inside the residence. The handguns were then linked to three of the detained men, police said, and all three have been charged with one count each of second and third-degree possession of a weapon, and criminal possession of a firearm, all felonies.
Charged: Chane Davis, age 24; Xavier Holliman, age 19; and Irnes Nadarevic, age 22.
Police said all three men are scheduled to appear in City Court. Police said the investigation is continuing and more charges are pending in regards to the shootout.
A separate shooting incident at about 9 p.m. Sunday in the area of James and Kemble streets is also under investigation, authorities said. A male victim was injured in the shooting.
He was taken to a local hospital for treatment.
- 4:00pm 11/20/18School board approves policy against ‘meal shaming’
- 4:00pm 11/20/18County to renew medical examiner services contract with Onondaga County
- 4:00pm 11/20/18DeWitt Clinton neighbors invited to meeting
- 4:00pm 11/20/18Woman faces rape charge
- 4:00pm 11/20/18DWI charged after vehicle strikes porch in Remsen
- 4:00pm 11/20/18RFA Travel Club to host fundraiser
- 4:00pm 11/20/18Area unemployment rate falls
- 4:00pm 11/20/18Public can weigh in on Oneida budget tonight
- 4:00pm 11/20/18RFA senior takes first place in debate tourney
- 4:00pm 11/20/18VVS class invites senior citizens to Holiday Breakfast