Three men charged in Utica shootout
Three Utica men have been charged with possessing firearms followed a shootout on Gold Street in the Cornhill district Sunday night.
Police said two groups of people exchanged gunfire in the 100 block of Gold St. at about 11 p.m. Sunday. Police said most of the groups fled the scene following the shootout, but security camera footage in the area showed that at least one person fled into a nearby residence on Gold Street.
Police said they secured a search warrant for the residence and 12 individuals were detained inside after the SWAT team raided the home at about 3:15 a.m. Monday. All 12 were then taken to the Utica Police Department for questioning.
Police said three loaded handguns and a quantity of ammunition were found inside the residence. The handguns were then linked to three of the detained men, police said, and all three have been charged with one count each of second and third-degree possession of a weapon, and criminal possession of a firearm, all felonies.
Charged: Chane Davis, age 24; Xavier Holliman, age 19; and Irnes Nadarevic, age 22.
Police said all three men are scheduled to appear in City Court. Police said the investigation is continuing and more charges are pending in regards to the shootout.
A separate shooting incident at about 9 p.m. Sunday in the area of James and Kemble streets is also under investigation, authorities said. A male victim was injured in the shooting.
He was taken to a local hospital for treatment.
- 4:02pm 09/24/18Gas prices remain steady in region, AAA survey reports
- 4:01pm 09/24/18Thousands descend on the Remsen Barn Fest
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Saturday's Royalty and Rogues IV festival in Stittville
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Meetings — Tuesday, Sept. 25, 2018
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Man injured in flipped vehicle trying to avoid deer
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Community Foundation offers training for non-profits
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Pair of Oneida residents charged with driving stolen car
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Crash sends couple to hospital
- 4:00pm 09/24/18200 jobs, millions in investment projected for drone zone
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Community Bank donates supplies