Threat at BOCES leads to search, investigation
NEW HARTFORD — A bomb threat written in a bathroom at Oneida-Herkimer-Madison BOCES led to an investigation on Thursday.
Authorities said a note in a bathroom with a "nondescript" bomb threat was discovered at about 9:30 a.m. at the BOCES campus on Middle Settlement Road. Deputies, along with school officials, searched the building and determined that there was no danger.
"Even though that was the case, we take every threat extremely seriously," said District Superintendent Howard D. Mettelman
No arrests have been made so far. Authorities said the investigation is continuing.
Anyone with information on the threat and those responsible is asked to call Inv. Justin Copperwheat at 315-765-2767. All calls will be kept confidential.
- 4:01pm 09/21/18High time for pot talks?
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Pair charged after 51 meth pots seized in Madison County drug raid
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Pair named Officers of the Month for presidential preparations
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Three charged in hit and run accident in city Thursday
- 4:00pm 09/21/18State sends letters to schools to warn of opioid dangers
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Valesky concedes primary but remains on November ballot
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Fort super to receive Medal of the Order of 1777
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Jervis joins National Voter Registration Day efforts
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Movies — Sept. 21, 2018
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Public Safety Logs — Sept. 21, 2018