Threat at BOCES leads to search, investigation
NEW HARTFORD — A bomb threat written in a bathroom at Oneida-Herkimer-Madison BOCES led to an investigation on Thursday.
Authorities said a note in a bathroom with a "nondescript" bomb threat was discovered at about 9:30 a.m. at the BOCES campus on Middle Settlement Road. Deputies, along with school officials, searched the building and determined that there was no danger.
"Even though that was the case, we take every threat extremely seriously," said District Superintendent Howard D. Mettelman
No arrests have been made so far. Authorities said the investigation is continuing.
Anyone with information on the threat and those responsible is asked to call Inv. Justin Copperwheat at 315-765-2767. All calls will be kept confidential.
- 4:01pm 04/18/18Brothers in blue honor fallen officer
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Fond memories shared at service for fallen officer
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Voters to get $117.9M school budget with 3.96 percent tax levy increase
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Board seat to remain vacant until next term starts; only one candidate for three seats so far
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Evergreen Cemetery clears roadways after winds topple trees, cause damage
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Quick-thinking deputies save overdose victim at Oneida County Office Building on Tuesday
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Electrical service repaired to Oriskany Monument park
- 4:00pm 04/18/18State parks, DEC expand first-time camping program
- 4:00pm 04/18/18‘Tick talk’ set for April 29 in Barneveld
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Brindisi, Tenney trade barbs over campaign contributions