Threat at BOCES leads to search, investigation
NEW HARTFORD — A bomb threat written in a bathroom at Oneida-Herkimer-Madison BOCES led to an investigation on Thursday.
Authorities said a note in a bathroom with a "nondescript" bomb threat was discovered at about 9:30 a.m. at the BOCES campus on Middle Settlement Road. Deputies, along with school officials, searched the building and determined that there was no danger.
"Even though that was the case, we take every threat extremely seriously," said District Superintendent Howard D. Mettelman
No arrests have been made so far. Authorities said the investigation is continuing.
Anyone with information on the threat and those responsible is asked to call Inv. Justin Copperwheat at 315-765-2767. All calls will be kept confidential.
- 4:10pm 07/17/18$9M swift water rescue training center opens in Whitestown
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Goat Yoga is baaaaack at Fort Rickey
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Man accused of having sex with underage girl
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Camden schools to establish two special patrol officers
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Police outline Law Enforcement Day schedule
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Coupons for seniors offered Friday at Farmer’s Market
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Event to raise funds for R-CATS
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Bellamy Community Awards names master of ceremonies
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Meetings — Wednesday, July 18, 2018
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Public Safety Logs —July 17, 2018