Teen hurt in crash after suffering medical emergency
TOWN OF LEE — A Lewis County teenager was hospitalized after law enforcers said she suffered a medical emergency while driving on Route 26 Sunday afternoon.
Sheriff’s deputies said Julie A. Fox, 19, of Greig, was northbound at about 6:13 p.m. when she suffered an unknown medical episode and lost consciousness behind the wheel. Deputies said Fox’s 2004 Dodge went off the west shoulder and into a ditch. Fox suffered a minor head injury and was treated at Rome Memorial Hospital, authorities stated.
The accident remains under investigation.
- 4:00pm 11/15/18City's Board of Estimate to hold special meeting
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Board, groups meet to discuss minority concerns
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Flakes to fly; several inches of snow likely
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Oneida County lawmakers approve budget without gaming revenue sharing
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Nursing facility donates to Rescue Mission
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Rescue Mission puts out call for turkeys
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Lewis County man hospitalized after rescuing dogs from fire
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Council approves trash, dog ordinance changes
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Trailbusters to host NYS safety course
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Children can send Christmas wishes to Santa Claus