Teen charged in gunpoint mugging
CITY OF ONEIDA — A Madison County teenager has been charged with mugging a man Sunday night. The search remains ongoing for his accomplice.
Police said the 16-year-old, whose identity was not released due to his young age, and another person robbed a man at gunpoint at about 9 p.m. Sunday near the intersection of William and East Railroad streets. Police said the pair stole cash off the victim after they approached him on the street.
The handgun has since been recovered and authorities said it is a BB gun.
Following an investigation, police said they identified the teen and he was taken into custody Tuesday morning. The teen is charged with one count each of second-degree robbery, second-degree menacing and fourth-degree possession of a weapon, police stated. He was arraigned in City Court and was sent to county jail in lieu of $10,000 cash bail or $20,000 bond. He is scheduled to reappear in court.
Police said the investigation is continuing and more arrests are expected.
- 11:30am 03/24/18Clinton attorney declares run for Oneida Co. Family Court judge
- 4:10pm 03/23/18Rome to get $1M from state to remediate former Rome Cable site
- 4:00pm 03/23/18City finalizes proposal for $10M downtown revitalization plan
- 4:00pm 03/23/18BOCES holds Open House
- 4:00pm 03/23/18Driver hurt after being cut off by school bus
- 4:00pm 03/23/18Utica woman accused of trying to attack social worker
- 4:00pm 03/23/18Stabbing victim dies of injuries
- 4:00pm 03/23/18Rome students to march, rally Saturday
- 4:00pm 03/23/18Pets can get pictures with Easter Bunny
- 4:00pm 03/23/18Pre-licensing class offered March 31 at Holy Cross Academy