Teen charged in gunpoint mugging
CITY OF ONEIDA — A Madison County teenager has been charged with mugging a man Sunday night. The search remains ongoing for his accomplice.
Police said the 16-year-old, whose identity was not released due to his young age, and another person robbed a man at gunpoint at about 9 p.m. Sunday near the intersection of William and East Railroad streets. Police said the pair stole cash off the victim after they approached him on the street.
The handgun has since been recovered and authorities said it is a BB gun.
Following an investigation, police said they identified the teen and he was taken into custody Tuesday morning. The teen is charged with one count each of second-degree robbery, second-degree menacing and fourth-degree possession of a weapon, police stated. He was arraigned in City Court and was sent to county jail in lieu of $10,000 cash bail or $20,000 bond. He is scheduled to reappear in court.
Police said the investigation is continuing and more arrests are expected.
- 4:00pm 09/19/18GOP’s Molinaro gets Picente endorsement
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Board approves paving project to ease Strough parking woes
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Possible harmful algae blooms found on Oneida Lake
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Flu season coming on quickly, health department warns; officials say the time is now to get annual flu vaccine
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Utica man accused of raping two children
- 4:00pm 09/19/18-
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Two charged as accomplices in DeWitt slayings
- 4:00pm 09/19/18State begins weekly fall foliage reports
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Brindisi: Public would suffer from proposed health care merger
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Meetings — Thursday, Sept. 20