Teen charged in gunpoint mugging
CITY OF ONEIDA — A Madison County teenager has been charged with mugging a man Sunday night. The search remains ongoing for his accomplice.
Police said the 16-year-old, whose identity was not released due to his young age, and another person robbed a man at gunpoint at about 9 p.m. Sunday near the intersection of William and East Railroad streets. Police said the pair stole cash off the victim after they approached him on the street.
The handgun has since been recovered and authorities said it is a BB gun.
Following an investigation, police said they identified the teen and he was taken into custody Tuesday morning. The teen is charged with one count each of second-degree robbery, second-degree menacing and fourth-degree possession of a weapon, police stated. He was arraigned in City Court and was sent to county jail in lieu of $10,000 cash bail or $20,000 bond. He is scheduled to reappear in court.
Police said the investigation is continuing and more arrests are expected.
- 12:00pm 06/23/18345 get diplomas at RFA commencement ceremony
- 4:10pm 06/22/18Three grads at NYSSD look forward to the “adventures” of the future
- 4:00pm 06/22/18RFA graduation slated for 10 a.m.
- 4:00pm 06/22/18Harden closes again
- 4:00pm 06/22/18Drivers to get view of ‘Nature’s Wrath’
- 4:00pm 06/22/18Holland Patent High School names 2018 academic leaders
- 4:00pm 06/22/18High above Rome
- 4:00pm 06/22/18Brindisi, Tenney trade barbs on federal immigration policies
- 4:00pm 06/22/18Teen accused of having sex with underage girl
- 4:00pm 06/22/18Guatemalan at center of local controversy pleads guilty