Teen airlifted to Syracuse hospital following motorcycle crash
BOONVILLE — A teenage motorcyclist was air-lifted to a Syracuse hospital Monday morning after crashing into a pickup truck while cresting a hill, local law enforcers have reported.
Sheriff’s deputies said Joshua Tagliamonte, 19, of Boonville, was eastbound on West Leyden Road at about 11 a.m. when he crashed into the passenger side of a 2016 GMC pickup truck.
Deputies said the driver of the pickup, 61-year-old David Stocklosa, was backing out of a driveway on the hillcrest of a curve.
Tagliamonte suffered injuries in the crash, and he was taken by helicopter to University Hospital in Syracuse for treatment, authorities said.
His condition was not immediately available this morning.
Stocklosa was ticketed for unsafe backing, deputies stated. He is scheduled to appear in Village Court, the law enforcers added.
- 4:10pm 09/18/18Talk early about dementia
- 4:00pm 09/18/18Feds expect to add bite to funding bill to fight Lyme disease
- 4:00pm 09/18/18Test drives to benefit programs at schools
- 4:00pm 09/18/18Elks Lodge to host craft fair
- 4:00pm 09/18/18Journal names local business to Best Places to Work in Central NY list
- 4:00pm 09/18/18Boonville VFW to hold Bike-A-Thon to aid program for veterans
- 4:00pm 09/18/18MVHS hosts events to mark National Adult Day Health Care Services Week
- 4:00pm 09/18/18Rome BOCES site launches evening HSE program
- 4:00pm 09/18/18Community Bank N.A. in Oneida promotes Matters to branch manager
- 4:00pm 09/18/18Meetings — Wednesday, Sept. 19, 2018