Teen airlifted to Syracuse hospital following motorcycle crash
BOONVILLE — A teenage motorcyclist was air-lifted to a Syracuse hospital Monday morning after crashing into a pickup truck while cresting a hill, local law enforcers have reported.
Sheriff’s deputies said Joshua Tagliamonte, 19, of Boonville, was eastbound on West Leyden Road at about 11 a.m. when he crashed into the passenger side of a 2016 GMC pickup truck.
Deputies said the driver of the pickup, 61-year-old David Stocklosa, was backing out of a driveway on the hillcrest of a curve.
Tagliamonte suffered injuries in the crash, and he was taken by helicopter to University Hospital in Syracuse for treatment, authorities said.
His condition was not immediately available this morning.
Stocklosa was ticketed for unsafe backing, deputies stated. He is scheduled to appear in Village Court, the law enforcers added.
- 12:00pm 11/20/18Rome teen hurt, ticketed for speeding in accident on Route 233
- 4:00pm 11/19/18Holiday cooks get safety reminder
- 4:00pm 11/19/18District officials discuss state assessment results
- 4:00pm 11/19/18Rome man charged with hitting girlfriend in nose
- 4:00pm 11/19/18Man accused of attacking female relative inside store
- 4:00pm 11/19/18Junior class to host Open Mic Night
- 4:00pm 11/19/18Fort Stanwix National Monument invites visitors to annual holiday program
- 4:00pm 11/19/18Genesis Group donates $1,050 to food pantries
- 4:00pm 11/19/18Woman accused of theft
- 4:00pm 11/19/18Drunk driving charged