Teen airlifted to Syracuse hospital following motorcycle crash
BOONVILLE — A teenage motorcyclist was air-lifted to a Syracuse hospital Monday morning after crashing into a pickup truck while cresting a hill, local law enforcers have reported.
Sheriff’s deputies said Joshua Tagliamonte, 19, of Boonville, was eastbound on West Leyden Road at about 11 a.m. when he crashed into the passenger side of a 2016 GMC pickup truck.
Deputies said the driver of the pickup, 61-year-old David Stocklosa, was backing out of a driveway on the hillcrest of a curve.
Tagliamonte suffered injuries in the crash, and he was taken by helicopter to University Hospital in Syracuse for treatment, authorities said.
His condition was not immediately available this morning.
Stocklosa was ticketed for unsafe backing, deputies stated. He is scheduled to appear in Village Court, the law enforcers added.
- 4:00pm 07/18/18SUNY chancellor seeks closer ties between SUNY Poly, Rome Lab
- 4:00pm 07/18/18$20M project under way at Colonial I
- 4:00pm 07/18/18Storm forces extra day for district’s special education summer program
- 4:00pm 07/18/18Man gets up to 4 years in prison for Camden threat
- 4:00pm 07/18/18Woman faces DWI charge following crash
- 4:00pm 07/18/18Man accused of fatally stabbing brother sent to jail without bail
- 4:00pm 07/18/18Trial date set in Utica College case
- 4:00pm 07/18/18Fort Stanwix to feature pair of programs on life and times of Alexander Hamilton
- 4:00pm 07/18/18Project Fibonacci to feature wide array of speakers
- 4:00pm 07/18/18Drone camps teach kids science skills