Teen accused of raping girl
CHITTENANGO — A Madison County teenager is accused of raping a preteen girl.
State police said Tyler Beaumont, 18, of Chittenango, had sex with a girl under the age of 13 in Chittenango. The case was reported to authorities on Saturday.
Beaumont is charged with two counts of first-degree rape, a class B felony, authorities said. Beaumont was arraigned in Village Court and was sent to county jail in lieu of $10,000 cash bail or $20,000 bond. He is scheduled to reappear in court on Friday.
- 4:10pm 09/18/18Talk early about dementia
- 4:00pm 09/18/18Feds expect to add bite to funding bill to fight Lyme disease
- 4:00pm 09/18/18Test drives to benefit programs at schools
- 4:00pm 09/18/18Elks Lodge to host craft fair
- 4:00pm 09/18/18Journal names local business to Best Places to Work in Central NY list
- 4:00pm 09/18/18Boonville VFW to hold Bike-A-Thon to aid program for veterans
- 4:00pm 09/18/18MVHS hosts events to mark National Adult Day Health Care Services Week
- 4:00pm 09/18/18Rome BOCES site launches evening HSE program
- 4:00pm 09/18/18Community Bank N.A. in Oneida promotes Matters to branch manager
- 4:00pm 09/18/18Meetings — Wednesday, Sept. 19, 2018