Teen accused of raising fist to police officer
A teenager is accused of raising her fist to a police officer during a family argument on a front lawn on South George Street Tuesday afternoon.
Police said Katie M. Deeley, 18, of 609 S. George St., got into a fight with her father at their residence at about 6 p.m. Tuesday. Deeley’s mother called 9-1-1 and police responded, but authorities said no one wanted to press charges.
Police said the parents just wanted Deeley to leave the property.
Authorities said Deeley’s boyfriend’s mother arrived to take Deeley away, at which point the family began arguing on the front lawn.
When Officer Alexzandra S. Carletta told Deeley to calm down, police said Deeley raised a fist and motioned a punch toward Carletta. Police said Deeley was then taken into custody on a charge of third-degree menacing, a misdemeanor.
Deeley was released on an appearance ticket and is scheduled to appear in City Court.
- 4:00pm 08/18/18RACC wraps up Artletics program
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Former Roman named president of state Funeral Directors Association
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Public hearing on tax levy in Oneida on Tuesday
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Planet Fitness in Rome to completely modernize and remodel
- 4:00pm 08/18/18RPD holds Kops 4 Kids cookout
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Firemen's Field named after Prosser
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Adirondack Scenic Railroad launches rail bike excursions
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Madison County deputies probe fatal crash
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Crash sends three to hospital as driver tries to avoid deer
- 4:00pm 08/18/18AmeriCU honored with award