Teen accused of driving stolen car
TOWN OF VERONA — A Syracuse teenager was busted with a stolen car while on the Thruway passing through Verona, according to law enforcement officials.
State police said Christopher M. Montgomery Jr., 18, was pulled over for speeding on the Thruway at about 10:33 p.m. Saturday. Once stopped, troopers said they learned that the vehicle had been reported stolen to the DeWitt Police Department in Onondaga County on Sept. 30.
Montgomery and his passenger were taken into custody on one count each of fourth-degree possession of stolen property.
Montgomery was also charged with several vehicle and traffic violations. The identify of the passenger was not released because he is a juvenile.
Montgomery and the teen are both scheduled to appear in Town Court.
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Demo begins at DeWitt Clinton site
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Copperccino’s open for business
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Budget approved in Lee; speed study requested
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Area teachers honored by Genesis Group at celebration
- 4:00pm 11/14/18ReStore seeks decoration donations
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Cemetery to place wreaths on vets graves
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Rotary Club seeks host families
- 4:00pm 11/14/18VVS team earns awards at science museum event in Syracuse
- 4:00pm 11/14/18State to help fund bridge rehabs in region
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Solid Waste Authority recognizes America Recycles Day